Chapter 24

hey guys!! so i should probably tell you that i've had this part written for like a month... i just had so much to write before it, but now i finally get to upload it!!! seriously, i'm so excited for you guys to read this, because personally, i think it's some of my best writing :) sooo tell me what you think in the comments and ENJOY!!! it's the part you've all been (patiently) waiting for!!!! without any further ado, chapter 24!!! :D

I walked up the wide front porch steps of my house and slowly raised my fist to the door. I knocked on it a couple times and took a step back. I felt weird knocking on my own front door but I didn’t want to just walk inside. That would be weird. I waited around a minute and when I was about to knock again the door opened and there stood my husband. He opened the glass door for me and I stepped inside with my single bag.

            “Hi,” he said flatly.

            I swallowed, “Hello.”

            He put his arms out for a hug and I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt his curls underneath my fingers on the back of his neck. I breathed in and smelled his natural scent. I felt at home. Finally.

            The hug felt weird, kind of like it was forced. It was forced. I could tell Harry was still mad at me for what I did. I was mad at myself too. What I did was stupid and immature. Harry was right all along. Tate really did say all that stuff.

            I swallowed and pulled away from the hug and looked into his eyes. My face was right in front of his. His lips were right there. He dropped his arms to his side. He didn’t want to kiss me. I nodded and stepped back and looked at the floor.

            I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry… I said to myself over and over again in my head. I wished he could hear me, but he couldn’t. I didn’t want to say it out loud, but I knew I had to at some point. Just not now. I breathed deeply, but tried not to draw any attention to myself.

            Harry walked into the kitchen and I followed behind him. I love you Harry. Please forgive me. I didn’t mean what I said. I love you. I love you. I love you… I felt tears starting to form in the sides of my eyes, but I had to be strong. I wasn’t going to start crying. I got those weird butterflies in my stomach. Again. The back of my throat burned as I tried to hold back the tears that so wanted to spill from my eyes.

            “H-How are you?” I asked, or rather choked out, while looking at the floor.

            He nodded and went through the fridge, “Good.” That was his only response.

            Please Harry… I wanted nothing more than to go up to him and kiss him and make everything go back to the way it was.

            I just hoped Harry didn’t hate me. He was barely looking at me now that I was back. I felt small and useless and just a waste of space. I moved my messy hair behind my shoulders and bit my lip.

            Harry closed the fridge and turned to look at me. I was standing next to the island with my hands behind my back. I locked eyes with him and he gestured to the seat at the counter, “Sit,” he told me. I stepped up to him instead and he only stared at me. I didn’t know what I was doing actually. I took his face in my hands for the first time in a week and pressed my lips against his. I missed the feel of his lips on mine. I pulled away and his eyes were open. I stepped back, feeling hurt. He really didn’t want to kiss me. “Sit,” he said again and I did, sitting down slowly. I looked at my thumbs and played with the bracelets on my right wrist.