Chapter 58

hey guys!!!! i'm alive!!!! i can't tell you how sorry i am for not uploading in so long... i just didn't know what to write for this story, then i was too lazy to write.. and all that stuff... sooo i hope this makes up for it!!! i've been listening to Christmas music for the past 2 days cuz of this... lol soooo comment comment comment if you like the chapter!! thanks for sticking with me my loves <33 :) BYE! ENJOY <3

ONE WEEK LATER – HARRY’S P.O.V.

            I took a deep, slow breath in through my nose and let it out, feeling better than ever. It was our second Christmas Eve in our home and I was loving it. I had my wife cuddled up next to me on the couch as we laid down together, a fire going and the TV on. The blanket was over Maya’s body and half on top of mine, just like any other winter day.

            I turned my head to the right at Maya who had her head rested on my shoulder and her right arm draped across my torso. Her fingers were just barely brushing the side of my neck, giving me the occasional chills down my spine from her touch. I honestly loved watching her sleep, especially when we were this close.

            My right arm was under her body and my fingers absently drew little designs on the top of her hip bone. My other hand brushed some hair out of her face. In a way, I wished we had the evening to ourselves, but I was also excited to see everyone tonight.

            I felt Maya nuzzle her head more into my shoulder bone and move her leg half on top of mine. I swallowed and moved my fingers up and down her side. She was wearing my sweater again, a different one this time, with her own skinny jeans and white fuzzy socks that she claimed were the greatest thing she ever spent her money on. I remember laughing when she told me that, but she seemed to be completely serious about it.

            I started singing to myself. “Mmm, it's always better when we're together/ yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together/ well, it's always better when we're together/ yeah, it's always better when we're together…” I continued on with the song, singing quietly, “But if all of these dreams might find their way into my day to day scene/ I'd be under the impression, I was somewhere in between/ with only two, just me and you, not so many things we got to do/ or places we got to be, we'll sit beneath the mango tree now…”

            I felt Maya wake up a little bit, and I sang the ending of the song as she slowly opened her eyes, “I believe in memories/ they look so, so pretty when I sleep/ hey now, and when I wake up, you look so pretty sleeping next to me/ but there is not enough time, and there is no, no song I could sing/ and there is no combination of words I could say/ but I will still tell you one thing/ we're better together.”

            Maya smiled at me and rested her head back on my shoulder, “I love you…” she whispered softly. I played with her hair a little bit and she closed her eyes again, although I don’t think she was asleep.

            A couple minutes passed and I heard the front door open, Louis singing a Christmas song obnoxiously loudly. I laughed softly, but Maya didn’t move. I waved both him and Madeline into the family room, feeling Maya tighten her grip on me.

            “Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way!” Louis sang as he quickly walked into the family room where Maya was still asleep next to me. “Aww! Maya’s asleep!” Louis and Madeline both aww-ed at my wife next to me and put what they brought over for dinner in the fridge before plopping down on the couch next to the one Maya and I were on.