Chapter 9

This morning I did wake up on time. Even before the others. Which is a miracle since I'm never up early. I cleaned my burn and undid the bandage. Erudite had a history with geniuses who were good with creating better medicine. The burn was already healing fast but I knew that it would leave a big scar.

Not really knowing what to do with the rest of the time, I decided to wander around Dauntless. I didn't wanted to go to the pit since there might be people there. So I just started walking and ended up by the training room. No one was inside. Maybe a little training? I started punching one of the dummies. But after five minutes I knew what I was missing; imagination. When you punch the bag you just punch a bag. In order to train to your fullest you got to imagine that the bag is an opponent trying to knock you out. Of course the bag wont hit back but it will be more fun and better for learning. 

Now, who am I fighting? Isa? No that would be an unfair fight. Maybe Mason since he's Dauntless born. Meh, he has never done anything to anger me... well apart from getting me electrocuted but that wasn't really his fault. No it was...

Eric.

I punched the bag in the gut. Then hit his face. I dodged the most probable punch my 'opponent' would've made and hit his side. 

Eric

Punch to his face.

You fucking

Kick in his side.

Bitch!

Knee in his groin.

Suddenly I heard a sound behind me. I turned around but no one was there. I strained my ears on any sound but nothing happened. After a minute of staring at the door and freaking myself out nothing happened so I decided to just leave and get some breakfast.

I found out that Dauntless has muffins for breakfast! I seriously love it here. After three muffins I went to retrieve my bracelet. The girl stood in front of the shop waiting for me. When she saw me she smiled and said "Wow, you're fast! I just got here."

When I didn't reply she said "Everything went okay, nobody knows about it and here you go." She handed me the bracelet. It was exactly the same as I gave her but then black. Nothing bad happened. "Thank you." 

"No problem. Oh and my name is Christina by the way."

"Rogue."

"Oh you're the one!"

"Uh what?"

"Well everyone wants to talk about you but no one knows anything. It's like you're a ghost."

I stared at her. "Why do they want to talk about me?"

She laughed. "You're the first jumper for starters. And a lot of rumors go around. Like you got in trouble because you attacked someone who looked at you the wrong way. Or that you turned down one of the hottest boys from Dauntless. Oh and my personal favorite, that you got electrocuted because you talked to some guy. And those are just some of them."

Holy shit.

"Uh they are not all true. But I gotta go."

Christina's eyes glistened at the news I gave her and said: "I won't tell anyone about the bracelet."

"Thanks."

When I got back to the other initiates they were just getting up. I placed my bracelet over my burn. It didn't hurt that bad anymore and it covered it up good. The rest were taking their time so I decided to do the same as they did yesterday; I just left. Better being there too soon then too late, right?