Chapter 14

I had no idea how to teach them. I used to teach things to my sister so it couldn't be my teaching methods. When someone doesn't get it, you stay calm and explain it in a different way. And I can stay really calm. But I didn't know where to start. There were so many things they needed to learn.

"Okay..." I started getting a bit nervous. They were looking up to me. What if I make a complete idiot out of myself? I probably will... I always seem to do that. What if I can't reach up to their expectations? Oh god what did I start.

"Right, first thing I thought we should do is just punching the dummy again. But a little bit different."

"How many ways are there to punch a dummy?" Isa asked mockingly. I glared at her which made her shut up.

"Instead of just punching a bag, you have to imagine it as an opponent."

Everyone except for Liz looked confused. "So when you're fighting it, you imagine him to fight back so that you'll have to dodge. And you imagine how he might react when you hit him in the place you aimed for." I watched them. They all got the point but they weren't convinced yet.

"It can also help to know who your opponent is. So basically: who do you hate the most?"

They all thought for a second until Isa said: "Who's yours?"

Shit I can't say Eric. That's bad. I can't admit that I imagine to fight the leader, right? That information could fall into the wrong hands and end up getting me hurt or killed. I could always tell her my other imaginary opponent, the one I had before Eric...

"I'll tell you if you tell me yours." She thought about it. I knew that something like that was for some reason kind of personal and some people did not like to share it. Like me for example.

"But you'll get mad..." she began.

Who would I get mad over? It can't be any of the initiates. Maybe she still thinks I kissed Eric... or Evan... or Mason. Wait, does she even know Mason?

"Believe me, I seriously don't mind any possible answer."

"It's you." Okay, I should've seen that coming.

"Okay. Mine is Angelica Doyle."

"Who is that?" they asked confused.

"That is... Uh... she's my... It's not important."

The others glared at me for not telling my story but what was I going to say? Yeah, my imaginary target is my mom? No thank you. They don't even know my original name, so why should they know my backstory?

"So you're not mad at me for picking you?" Isa asked shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

"Isa, I don't mind and stop acting like I'm gonna beat you up any second." she sighed relieved and we all got in front of a target. I wasn't going to train myself since this was our first practise. They probably needed my help and if I'm training myself, I can't see it in time to help optimally.

I focused on one at the time. First up was Mike. I saw that he could imagine someone in front of him. He moved from one side to the other, punching his opponent in the sides but forgetting to protect his own body. 

"Mike, try to return your hands in front of your stomach after every hit. That way you'll be able to block the upcoming hits." he nodded his head and returned to his target. Finally someone who takes me seriously. I thought happily. 

Next to Mike was Liz. She was doing quite good. I almost gave up on finding something to say. "Try to move around more." She nodded but didn't go back to her training.