Chapter 27

I woke up by the door opening and feet shuffling. Halfway through the night I got cold and curled up against the wall. It wasn't a big improvement since the wall was also freezing but I fell asleep anyway. I scribbled up so that I was sitting against the wall, instead of hanging.

I kinda expected Eric to walk in but instead I saw four normal guards and one huge buff tank looking guy. 

"Rise and shine!" he yelled at me in a deep voice. 

I raised my head a bit so that I could glare at them through my hair "I'm already awake."

One of the guards behind the tank jumped a bit at my voice. The tank unlocked my cage and pulled me up. He was going to tie my wrists again.

"I'm not going to escape moron." I said annoyed. "I asked for the trial. Why would I escape." 

He grinned at me and said "You murdered someone in cold blood. Sorry for not taking your word on that, princess." He said mockingly and slammed me against the wall. 

After he tied my hands I was escorted through Dauntless. Everyone we passed saw us. They kinda had to since the guards took up so much space. The tank was stationed behind me and some times pushed me ahead if he thought I was walking too slow. The other four guards were around me in a square shape. Everyone we needed to pass had to get out of our way or else they would get pushed aside.

When we got outside, there was a car parked. I got in after having some trouble with my tied hands. The tank and some random guard sat next to me in the back and one got in next to the driver. The other two guards saluted and walked back to the compound.

I hadn't been nervous the night before. I had a plan and this would prove my innocence. But today I had a whole new point of view. I had to talk in front of a huge amount of people! I can't do that! I'll get all nervous and start saying random things. I'll make a fool out of myself. Just the thought of speaking in front of Candor got me nervous. I tried to focus on something else but it didn't help.

The car ride was absolutely silent and not doing anything good to my nerves. I was also beginning to feel my sore muscles. Apparently sleeping a night on the cold hard ground isn't good for your body.

We stepped out in front of Candor. The streets were already busy even though it was still way too early for me. It was weird seeing everyone dressed in black and white. I'd grown accustom to the all black clothes from Dauntless after seeing the all blue from Erudite my entire life. Candor was so... transparent. 

I got pushed in my back and I walked to the main building. It was huge. It had once been a Merchandise Mart but since Candor took it as head quarter, it has been known as Merciless Mart. You know, because Candor is always merciless with their comments. 

When we got to the door, we were accompanied by three more Dauntless guards and two Candor girls. The Candor girls looked at me with disgust and led the way.

They brought us to an office. It looked very official with black chairs and white tiles. In the main seat was a Candor man of around 40 years old. He had his hands folded and was obviously waiting for us.

The guards 'guided' me to the chair facing the Candor man and they retreated to the door. Two of them stood at either side of the door and the others left. The door was made out of glass so the guards would have no trouble stopping me of I would try something. Pff, like I would try something.

"So do you know why you are here?" the Candor man asked.

Straight to the point.

"I'm here to clear my name." I said back with confidence.