Chapter 16

"A date?" I asked stunned.

He nodded.

"Well, that wasn't his to offer." I said a bit pissed at Mason "But you can ask it yourself and you might have a chance." Where did that come from.

He grinned, grabbed a rose from the bush I almost fell in and gave it to me. "Rogue, do you want to go out with me sometime?" My heart almost jumped out of its rib cage. I wanted to fangirl so hard. But I kept my cool as best as I could.

"Sure." I answered casually. I accepted the rose. He smiled and we started running again.

"Why can't I tell anyone?"

"Because it's forbidden."

"Why?"

"Well, it is a rule that we have to stay away from the initiates. That way it'll be fair."

Oh that makes sense. If someone like Isa would sleep around with the right guys she could get a higher ranking and the initiates who really deserved it would be left behind.

Not that I'm gonna sleep around.

It took us a minute to catch up on the others. Mason looked at his brother, who still had a smile on his face, and then to me. He saw the rose I was holding and he immediately began to run less enthusiastic. He merged himself in between me and Daryl and whispered "You should hide that rose." He was right. I thought about places I could hide it.

Wait I shouldn't even take it back to Dauntless. It might be suspicious. Plus, where would I hide it there? I can't put it in some sort of vase.

I sighed.

We ended up running through Erudite and Candor. I was on high alert at Erudite. I knew I shouldn't be, but I couldn't help myself. I didn't know what would be worse; not running into Kayli and having to go an other day without my sisters face or running into her and having to ignore her.

I decided to drop the rose there. On the path Kayli always used to get to the bus. I knew that she probably wouldn't even find it or that someone else will take it before she will but the thought of the possibility made me happy. Daryl nodded to me like he knew what I was doing and approved of it. 

We ended up not running into Kayli. To be honest, I was kind of relieved. Liz and Mike we panting at the end of the run. It was about three times larger then our usual lap. Mason and I were a little out of breath but Daryl seemed to be doing fine, like it didn't even affect him. We walked inside and said our goodbyes to Daryl and Mason. Daryl whispered to me that he'd plan something for our date and they left.

Liz and Mike both headed for the Dormitory but I stayed behind to go to the training's room. Four had said that we were gonna do a different training tomorrow and then the day after that were the last fights. I knew who was behind the rankings. Eric. I also knew why he'd placed me second. Because I lost my fight. When the other transfers saw the rankings they were quiet. I'd already seen them so I didn't pay attention to it. I even trained with them in the same room as the rankings on that day, but they were too busy to notice, I guess. The next day Four pointed it out and they all gasped. 

Mike was obviously happy with his temporary first place but he was also mad. He'd seen my fight and kept repeating how badass I was. He'd told the story multiple times to multiple people and each time I became more and more incredible. It had gotten to the point where a lot of people knew my name. Basically all the people knew my name now and the stories that were attached to it. But no one knew my face. 

It was like I was a famous star who was everywhere and at the same time a ghost who was nowhere.

I'm thinking waaaay too poetic. Anyway.