Chapter 10

I followed Evan to the plateau. Four dragged Daniel away. Mike was looking at us with an horrified expression and Eric had a pokerface. 

Okay. Focus on your target. I have no idea how he fights so that's a disadvantage. On the other hand he also doesn't know how I fight. I'm smaller than him so I should be faster but I'm not counting on it. He is definitely stronger, so I should keep getting hit to a minimum. Don't waste a lot of time on blocking. I could try to counter him. I might be able to pull that off. But first I need to know how he fights, so he is going to have to try to hit me first.

I readied myself. My hands were in front of my face and my arms on my side, like Four taught me. Evan did the same but his arms were a little bit further away from his body. Possible opening? Eric opened his mouth and said "Fight!"

Evan did what I expected him to do; nothing. He didn't wanna hurt me immediately and I wanted to see his style first. If we were both stubborn enough we might end up as Daniel and Isa. After half a circle Evan stepped one step closer and swung to my face. That was the most basic swing in the book. I dodged it. He is not taking it seriously! Dammit I'll show him. I stepped to my left so that he would block there. Once he got his arms ready to take the blow I took my right arm and punched him full force right in his face. I heard Mike gasp and Eric laugh. 

Evan stumbled back. Probably more from shock then from the blow. My hand throbbed a bit but I ignored it. Evan came back and we circled some more. I saw in his eyes that he'd given up on the whole going easy. It would've only caused trouble anyway.

His right foot twitched a bit and I knew he was gonna kick me. No time! I placed my arm in next to my body to take the blow. It worked, sort off. My arm redirected his hit. So instead of hitting my stomach, he hit my rib cage with full force. For a second I couldn't breathe and he hit me again on the same spot. I felt the stunning pain erupting from my ribs and I knew that something wasn't right. Evan got ready to take an other punch. When he launched his fist I used my arm again to redirect the punch, this time to the air next to me. He stumbled and I took the chance to hit him in his side and push him with my shoulder.

I heard Four somewhere but I was too busy to notice where. Evan was seriously pissed off at this point. He tried to slap my face but I dodged. He did get a hit in my side and one hard kick against my shin. I managed to counter one more of his punches and get one hit on his shoulder. But that was it. Evan feinted a punch to my side but instead punched my right on my nose. I felt the warm blood dripping down but quickly got myself together. Evan had more problems with getting himself together. He punched me. He is supposed to use it to his advantage. 

I took his opportunity to set one of my feet in between his legs and push him. He obviously tried to steady himself which made him trip over my foot. YES. I pulled my foot back in order to kick his gut but before it hit him he grabbed it and pulled me down. I landed on my back with a loud thud. For a second the air got knocked out of my lungs. Evan used this to his advantage and got on top of me. He pinned my left arm down with his leg and my right one with his arm. I screamed in pain. My burn is on my right arm! He lifted his free arm only to bring it down on my face. This is it. He's trying to knock me out now. For a second I saw stars but I kept squirming trying to get one of my hands free. He pulled his arm back again. My arm got a little looser. 

He punched me again. The stars were back and for a second I figured that it would be best just to stay down and go to sleep. A warm iron fluid got in my mouth and spat it out next to me. I saw Evan lift his arm again and I knew that this was it. Now or never. With one huge pull I got my arm loose from his leg and I blocked his punch. A horrible stunning pain erupted from my arm so I tried to ignore it. I punched Evan on the side of his face and I got up from the floor.