Chapter 29

I looked at Eric and Kayli. Eric was still inspecting the guy but Kayli had completely woken up and had, my favorite, her oh-shit face. She climbed down from Eric's back and the boy came our way.  

Who is that? I've never seen him before.  

"What did you do this time?" he asked mockingly while crossing his arms.  

"What? I didn't do anything!" she replied insulted.  

"Then why weren't you at school today? I was worried about you."  

Did Kayli get a boyfriend?  

"You don't have to be worried about me. I can take care of myself."  

I huffed. Yeah right.  

Kayli turned around and shot me an angry glare.  

The boy continued "First of all: No you can't." He knows her so well. "Second of all: Who are they?" He looked at me and Eric. Suddenly he narrowed his eyes and stared at mine and Kayli's face a few times. He recognizes our family features.  

"... sister ..." he mumbled. When he looked at Eric he instantly recognized him. In Erudite you know who the current leaders are. I was actually honestly confused when Isa didn't recognize him at first. It just felt like something you should know.  

"I gotta go." he mumbled and started to sprint. It looked kind of funny. The past few weeks in Dauntless made me forget how stupid the other kids always looked when they were running.  

I heard Kayli mumble something and she ran after him. I crossed my arms and looked at Eric. Even he looked amused by our sudden entertainment.  

"Shouldn't we run after them?" I asked.  

"Rogue," he paused "we could walk and still catch up to them."  

I laughed and saw that Kayli had finally caught up to him. She pulled his arm and they both fell on each other, which caused me to laugh harder. I managed to stop and saw that even Eric smiled a bit at my sister's clumsiness.  

The guy and Kayli began talking but we couldn't hear it since they were on the other side of the road. The guy looked a bit scared but Kayli was furious. She yelled something at him and stood up. When she started to walk back, the guy was still on the ground looking utterly confused.  

Kayli was still angry when she got back and refused to talk about it. Eric and I both noticed that her knee had a new scratch and that there was blood dripping from her hand.  

"Uh... Kayli?" I asked carefully.  

"What." she snapped.  

"What did you do?" I asked while carefully getting her wounded hand.  

"What do you mea-" she looked at her hand "Oh god." she turned pale and stared at her blood with wide eyes. Eric didn't understand why she'd suddenly stopped talking.  

"Kayli?" he asked softly.  

"She's afraid of blood." I replied and I waved my hand in front of her face. She didn't respond and she kept staring at her own blood on disgust. It was slowly dripping on the floor and I realized that we had to get her to an hospital.  

"Then why doesn't she look away?"  

"She's in shock."  

She's gonna be so mad for me doing this. I raised my fist and got ready to punch her but before I hit her Eric punched me.  

"What are you doing?" I asked angrily.  

"What were you doing?" he replied.  

"We have to get her out of shock!"