Chapter 39

"Number 7." Four replied with a sigh. "They match. Isa shot Rogue."

"Well, I didn't mean to." she said after freezing up for a few seconds "She was in front of my target."

"I was already fighting 'your' target and that's bullshit!" I hissed.

Four looked at Eric for an explanation since he was there when it'd happened.

"We'll discuss it later." he replied strictly to Four. "Rogue, you follow me. Isa follows Four. Get all the people who are still down to this place within five minutes." he ordered.

Eric and I both sat down since we'd been shot and waited for the others to return. Neither one of us said as much as one word to anyone and no one dared to approach us either. At the time everyone was gathered where we were, the pain of the bullets were gone with the exception of the one Four pulled out. 

We were checked, one by one, and the information was being written down. The numbers that shot you, the number of your gun and sometimes some side notes were scribbled down on Four's piece of paper. 

After they were done, we gathered all the stuff and headed to the Dauntless compound. When everyone jumped out and headed for their beds, I realized that I still didn't have a place to sleep. Back to the trainingsroom it is! I thought and started walking.

"Rogue." Four said "follow me."

Without questions, I followed him. At first we headed towards the pit but we soon made a turn to most of the apartments. I should ask where we are heading. I should really ask it. It's an easy question. Just a couple of words. 'Where are we going?'. See? Just four words. Ask the four words to Four. Ahh I had too much fun with that sentence. Shut up brain! 

In the end I didn't ask him and just followed him to a door. 

"This is where I live." he said after seeing me look a bit confused. "I know you're not going back to the dormitory. And I've got a couch that's better than the floor."

He opened the door for me and waited to see if I took his offer. My pride told me to decline but my nagging muscles and tired brain agreed.

"Thank you." I said and I walked in.

The room was bigger than I'd expected. It was a large industrial-looking open area. Even though he obviously had the room and most likely also the money, the room was pretty empty. There was one large couch in the shape of an 'L' with a little coffee table in the far corner of the room. He had lockers standing next to each other which he probably used as wardrobe, some basic chairs and a desk. The room was quite dark and I only noticed one or two decorative lights, the others were just industrial lights.

Four motioned towards the couch and I gladly took the offer. As soon as my back hit the cushions, I groaned out in pain. Four looked up to see what was wrong.

"Why does my shoulder still hurt?" I asked while reaching towards the place it hurt. There was absolutely no mark. It wasn't red. There wasn't a wound. Nothing. But it still burned like hell.

"It's a precaution." Four explained, "You could easily pull out some of the bullets yourself and get a higher ranking. That's why, if you were to pull it out within a certain time of being shot, the bullet releases a chemical which stimulates pain."

"And how long until it wears off?"

"It should be fine by tomorrow."

There goes my good night sleep.

I heard some shuffling to my left and looked up. Four followed my gaze and smiled.

"Hi." He said as he walked over to a sleepy Tris.

"What's going on? What's wrong?" She said through a yawn.

"You two have met, right?" He asked. We both nodded. "One of the other transfers wants to kill her-" Tris's eyes widened and she instantly looked more awake. "So she's taking the couch until this is all fixed."

"Of course." Tris instantly agreed with a serious expression. "Take it as long as you need it."

"Even though I really appreciate your offer, this is getting a bit too Amity... or Abnegation for me." I joked.

For just a second I saw something like worry pass Tris's face but it was gone before I knew it. It had been so fast that I began to doubt if I even saw it at all or if I just imagined things.

"Come on." Four said and dragged Tris away, leaving me alone on the couch. His house didn't really have rooms since it was just one big open space so I could faintly see them walking to the bed. Please don't do anything nasty when I'm here.

I turned my back to them and faced the couch. This should be fine. I'm not laying on my shoulder. I let out a silent yawn and fell asleep soon after that.