»twelve

"I'm so glad you guys could make it!" Taehyung beamed, as he opened the wide door.

"This is your house?" Jungkook asked, his jaw unhinged as he marveled at his huge mansion.

Jungkook and Jin were kind of rich but certainly not millionaires like Taehyung. Or even billionaires.

"Just don't notice my house," He chuckled, feeling a little bit flustered at the attention. "I try to be as humble as I can."

He gestured the two to go inside, a weird feeling of insecurity hit Yoonhye's gut out of nowhere for some uncalled reason.

The moment she set foot in the elder's mansion she felt a weird and unsettling vibe inside his home.

She tried her best to shake off the feeling, but all she could do was fake smile and pretend to be unbothered at the uneasiness she felt.

"I'll get some snacks, you guys just sit there." Taehyung says, pointing to a huge velvet couch.

The two just nodded, Jungkook still amazed at how expensive everything looked.

"Everything in here has to be at least a million dollars, don't you think?" His jaw still hanged loosely, eyeing the interior design that looked luxurious.

"Our house is just like his dog house or something." Jungkook muttered, as Yoonhye giggled.

"Man, I wouldn't be surprised if you chose this guy instead of my hyung."

Yoonhye shot him a dead glare, her eyebrows knitted with one another. Her temper slowly rising.

No matter how much she proved that she, indeed, loved Jin to the moon and back, Jungkook still had his doubts about her. And he wasn't even hesitant to address it to her.

"I don't care if he's rich. Do you see me salivating at all his luxurious stuff? No." She snapped, making Jungkook look down at his own feet, bowing his head in guilt.

"You've been looking at his stuff like you're about to snatch it or something. You're making us look like burglars." She spat.

"Who knows, maybe I'm gonna snatch that flat screen tv." He murmurs, eyes slowly traveling to the humongous television in front of them.

"Jungkook!" She half-whispered, half-yelled— hitting his shoulder.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." He laughed, caressing his sculpted shoulder. "But really though, this guy shows some interest in you, Yoonhye. If he pulls up some tricks on you I'm gonna beat his ass and steal his stuff afterwards-"

"Oh my God, shut up!" She covered her mouth, trying to contain her laughter.

"Okay, I tried to lay off the fancy stuff so I got some regular junk food." Taehyung barges in the room with snacks in his hands. Cheetos, Doritos, Honey Butter Chips, you know, the usual.

"What do you even mean by fancy stuff? What do you even eat?" Yoonhye questions, standing up to help him.

"You know, the good stuff. Oysters, caviar, and expensive steaks." He trailed off, trying to think more.

"You have fish eggs for breakfast or something?" Jungkook pops into the picture, taking a pack of Doritos.

"Actually, I did, yesterday. Not to brag or anything!" He waved his hands up in defense, his eyes molding into the shape of a puppy's.

"Just flex on instagram or something, like Lil Tay. Who knows, bragging might be your thing." Jungkook replied, popping the Doritos in his mouth, sitting comfortably on his couch.

"I think thats enough, Kook." Yoonhye warned the youngest, slapping his thick thighs that were spread and open across the couch. "You're being rude." She whispered, soft enough for him to hear.

"I'm being honest." He states.

"I'm sorry, he's bratty." Yoonhye apologized, with the help me expression smile on her face.

"It's fine." Taehyung shrugged. "It's not like I care anyway." He plopped next to Jungkook, grabbing him by the neck, playfully putting him in a head lock.

"We're going to be like brothers," Taehyung mutters in between gritted teeth.

"Ouch! That hurts!"

•••

"Mind if I use the bathroom for a while?" Jungkook stands up.

"Oh sure, the bathroom's at the hallway, take a left and its the last room." Taehyung instructed, pointing here and there.

"I might get lost. Don't you have a tour guide inside your house?" Jungkook jokes, as he slowly disappears.

5:45pm

Around this time, the sun was starting to set. Taehyung and Yoonhye could see the spectacular view from behind them— through the large glass window.

"Look at the sun set, Tae." Yoonhye tugged on the soft fabric of his shirt.

Taehyung turned around to face the burst of colors.

"Why are you looking at a sun set when you have someone who is as pretty as a sun set?" He pouts, Yoonhye shifted her gaze to him— Taehyung flips his hair, a cute smile embedded on his lips.

"Yah, what happened to being humble?" She chuckled, turning back to the oversized television.

"Can't help it, I'm a confident king." He sighed, resting his back on the soft cushions.

"You really remind me of someone I know, Tae." She looks at Taehyung with a weird expression.

She thought about Jin, and how he was also overly confident with his looks. Which made her a little sad for a moment.

"You okay? You seem a little sad." He whispers into her ear, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm fine. Just a little bored," She then faked a wide grin, slowly putting Taehyung's large hand away from her hair. "Got any plans for tonight?"

"Oh, I got loads of surprises for the two of you." Taehyung smirked in a weird way which sparked curiosity in Yoonhye.

"What is it?" She brimmed, trying to feel unbothered. Shaking off any bad vibes that keep on clinging to her.

"But that wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, right?" He pouts, crossing his arms over his chest playfully.

"Yeah, you're right." She replied with a cheeky smile tainted over her face. Trying to mask all the doubt she had.

She didn't know what to say to address this weird feeling, but somehow she still clung onto it like it did to her.

Chill out, Yoonhye.

You're not falling for Taehyung.

Are you?

•••

a/n

oI OI OI YALL BETTER HOLD ON TO YOUR WIGS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

Also, stay tuned for the late updates because school's here and im having issues with my phone😅😅😅

LOVE YOU ALL💜💜💜