»thirty five

.1
mousetraps
Jin;

As I exited out of the room, I could still feel my blood boil, my legs getting weaker, struggling to push me through even just the kitchen.

It felt like the weight of the entire world was on my shoulders and one wrong move, It'll all collapse right on me and I'd have to deal with all the pain.

Jungkook, Hoseok, and Yoongi were still conversing on the table, but at the moment they saw me coming through the door they quickly stood up.

I glared at them with a puzzled expression, but they just continued to fix their clothes and put all the pieces of paper in their pockets.

"What's going on?" I finally utter, Jungkook instantly stared back at me as I said that.

"We're going to the address the witness left us with," He simply replied, putting on a black hoodie over his sleeveless shirt.

"I really don't think that's a good idea," I told them, but they continued to pack up and slowly started heading towards the front door.

I was then reminded of the letter I had in my pocket and realized that I should tell them what it was.

I couldn't keep this all to myself anymore.

Taehyung has a hold of everything I have in life.

I can't afford to lose a single one of these people he's targeting.

I have to be a hero of this story, even though I really don't fit the qualities of one. But if it's defending the people I love then I can be someone who I never thought I would be.

Just for them.

Before they could leave, I grabbed Jungkook by the back with such force and emotion, it almost made him fall down and hit the floor.

The two cops looked at me in awe, obviously shocked to see a sudden change in me.

My brother just glared at me, eyes empty and dilated.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "I'm just scared." Letting go of Jungkook.

They also stopped, signaling that they're about to listen to me.

"I have a new letter from him, and-" I fished out the letter from my pockets and held it out. Before I could finish, Jungkook swiped it out of my hand, feeling a little agitated at my sudden confession.

He read the letter with knitted brows, the two cops huddling around him to get a peek too.

Jungkook's jaw dropped when he looked at the pictures, and even more so when he held the necklace.

Yoongi and Hoseok seemed unfazed, but maybe its just their brains getting a workout trying to figure this out.

Jungkook ressembeld the way I looked when I had open that dreadful letter.

The same look in his is now glassy eyes, lit aglow with fire.

"Let's go, now."