»twenty seven

"Hi, I've missed you. Let's go back home,"

Yoonhye's;;

"Who on earth-" My eyes darted back at another pair of brown eyes.

His strong facial structure was strikingly stunning to me. He was glaring back at me with fiery eyes.

"Don't you remember me?" His sweet and smooth voice took a lot of sinking in into my dull ears.

Please don't let this be another episode.

Due to my strong instinct, I instantly covered my ears with my hands at the speed of light— causing the dark chocolate haired boy to look at me pathetically.

Instead of him saying anything that would worsen and damage my state of paranoia, warmth radiated from my quaking hands, hovering over my cold ears. I decided to take a peep through squinted eyes.

His rosy and thick pair of lips were curved into a soft, yet pained smile.

"Hey, you're going to be safe, Yoonhye. I promise you that." His voice now sounded so sultry that it started to settle within me.

I stared to breathe, something I haven't done the past few minutes.

"You're-"

"No need for that. I'll make sure you get to know me more." He stood up from the carpeted floor, and stretched out his lengthy arm toward me, his palm wide open.

"Jin."

"Glad to have you back,"

•••

"How did you even find me? I thought that you already escaped and like, left me with him." I spoke, my hand placed over the other on my whimsy skirt.

"You don't really realize everything, do you?"

I shook my head as a response, as he gave out a big sigh.

"All I know is that today is my wedding and I should be getting ready." I replied, staring at the crystal ocean, which never seemed to end. Then my eyes slowly started to dart to my dress, and my hands quickly ran through my bed hair.

A single strike of anxiety seemed to take me over but for now, I decided to ignore it.

"Yoonhye, Taehyung kidnapped you, and he still is. He drugged you every single day, guess that's why you turned out like this," He eyed me from head to toe, making me glare at him again.

"You don't even know that, Jin. He proposed to me, and I fell in love with him I-" A pang hit my heart as I said that. The sea breeze started to stop all of the sudden as well.

"You fell in love with him," Jin repeats, trying his best to set his emotions aside. "I get it. But what I'm saying is far from just lies, if you love a man who drugs you, if you love a man who abuses you, then that's you're choice and I fucking respect that, Yoon. But in the name of my love, I am not letting you get hurt. I am protecting you!"

I fell silent. A part of me refused to believe that Taehyung was the same monster I knew before. A part of me wanted to die and just forget about all the indecisive choices I had made in this stage of my life. I was being, naive, careless, and top it all off I was being insufferably selfish.

"I don't know what to do. I've been hallucinating and had strange visions lately. Maybe you're right. But right now, I don't want to think of all of this. I just want this mess fixed." I finally cried out loud, my hands cupping my face, as it caught all the salty tears.

"All you need to do is come with me. I could care less if you still love me or not, but right now, all that seems to matter your safety. I want you to be happy. I want to help you heal, even if that means that you're happiness is not with me anymore. I will always love, and protect you," Jin said, his eyes that looked like pools of honey in the morning light, glisten even more.

The glassy look on his eyes was something I'd never wished to see. It made me sick to know that I've hurt him like this. The best person in the world— the best one in my life, rather. Is hurt because of my idiocy. I hated it. So much.

He gave me so much more other than material things.

He taught me how to love.

And all I did in return was to hurt him.

I wanted to give him love, but right now I couldn't. Or maybe not in the way he wanted it to.

In life, we don't always get what we want.

But maybe right now, I'd want to love him.

Or give him someone else to love.

Just anyone but me.

All this time, I've pinpointed Taehyung as a monster. But a monster could do anything to hurt someone, in any way or form. And I have, more than once, not only Jin.

So maybe I'm a monster too.