»twenty one

" I'm sorry--" She muttered under her breath before speeding away from him.

Though the mall was loud and crowded, she could still hear the faint footsteps of the man that still followed her.

"Im Yoonhye you stop right now!" The man demanded once more, this time in a more serious tone.

Yoonhye muttered soft words of comfort to try and ease herself-- however her words didn't dig deep enough as her heart was pounding out of her chest.

Her entire body shut down as she felt a large and cold hand on her shoulder.

"Yoonhye, where have you been the past week? Where's Kook?"

She looked straight at his dull gray eyes-- her entire body shivered in fear.

"Officer Min, I-"

"Shhh--" He grabbed her shoulder and pulled her closer to him, laying a finger on her mouth. "Don't call me that. I know that this might be blowing my cover but I'm going undercover."

Yoonhye's eyes widen in shock, and a spark of curiosity lit up inside of her.

"U-undercover? For what?"

"For your boyfriend's case. I'm coming in with a friend who happens to know the suspect," He says, pulling out his phone from his pocket. "It's this man right here."

He displayed a photo of Taehyung with his pitch black hair, walking around her street.

Trying to act less suspicious and tried her best to cope with her state of shock, she simply replied.

"I'm on my way to the bathroom, I hope you don't mind--"

Officer Min lets go of her bony shoulder, sending her off with a smile.

"Come to the station more often. There's been loads of updates on Jin's case. See you around." He waves goodbye and so does she.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Yoonhye cursed under her breathe as she hastily grabbed her phone.

To: Taehyung

I won't be back. There's a police officer undercover coming to investigate you. I bet he's the friend Jimin meant. Be careful and avoid suspicion.

Sent

"Hopefully he gets the message as soon as he can."

•••

"You look totally brand new Taehyung! Never knew you could take on a new leaf because of some girl," Jimin blurted out, while taking another hardy sip of his soju.

"Yoonhye isn't just some girl, Jimin." Taehyung replied, eying the ginger haired rascal-- his face was burning bright red, and so was his entire neck.

"Yeah yeah, you sound so enlightened with love. Just admit that you stalked her your entire first year at school!" Jimin added once more, before Namjoon came into the scene to prevent any further damage.

"That's enough, Jimin." Namjoon warned, his large voice rang in the younger's ear like it was something he had always feared of.

Namjoon takes away the bottle of Soju from his hands, that was already his third bottle-- not to mention it was nearly empty.

Taehyung got a little mad from his words, but chose not to optimize his grumpiness for the betterment of everyone and himself.

Instead, his mind wanders off to the time and is astounded to see that 20 minutes have already passed.

Where could she possibly be at this time?

Before he could stand up from his chair, his personal phone buzzed inside his pocket, making him jitter a little bit in surprise.