»eighteen

»chapter song: not in the same way by 5sos

Yoonhye bolted straight up, her breaths were short and choppy.

She looks around the room, her vision just showed the same room. But it sent irregular signals to her brain.

Just another nightmare.

She thought to herself, but her conclusion still wasn't enough, an underlying feeling of uneasiness was starting to settle within her.

She glances at the wall clock, its brilliant gold was tainted with blue in the shadows. and the hands were pointing at 3:00. She blinked profusely at the wall clock.

It was the exact same time she was awoken from a bad dream last night.

She felt a weird feeling strike her chest, making her mind stir up. She decided to get rid of this unknown feeling that was somehow familiar to her.

She checks the room one last time before stepping out of the bed.

Quietly tip-toeing out of the room, the hallway looked endless. But she remembered the way around, trying her best to memorize every twist and turn.

The mansion looked much more eerie now. Not to mention it was also the devil's hour.

Yoonhye crept up the hallways that seemed to stretch into more hallways as she continued to walk further and further.

Unpleasant memories started to cloud her mind, familiar twists and turns of this place reminded her of the fear she had replaced with joy.

She continued to wander, trying her best to recall the room.

A sharp smell evaded her nose, hinting that she was almost there.

Just a few more steps and she was outside the foul-smelled room.

Facing the cold metal door, she leans in with a light manner. Being as careful as she could, she twists the door knob open, but later realizing it was locked from the inside.

An idea rang in her head.

She quietly scurried off to a nearby table, that was decorated with fake flowers, a pen and a piece of paper was placed off to the side.

She grabs the pen and paper and starts to scribble words as fast as she could.

Jin, jungkook. Its me, yoonhye. If you see this now, unlock the door for me please. If you're both asleep now, then unlock it for me tomorrow at 3am.

She then darts back to the door, sliding the piece of paper under the door.

Giving the metal door a few light knocks, and even waiting for a few good minutes, she had no reply.

Before Yoonhye could even stand up and get going, she heard heavy footsteps echo across another nearby hallway.

Her heart dropped at how loud it was. And it was just getting louder and louder.

Yoonhye started to panic, her body was alarmed, yet it didn't even move a single muscle.

"Is anyone there?"

On the verge of tears, and in a state of hopelessness, she felt the door creak open.

A wave of surprise came upon her.

Two hands took hold of her shoulder blades, dragging her in quickly into the room.

Although the room was dimly lit, it took her some time to adjust to the lighting.