FOUR| Breathe

Yoongi watched you disappear beneath the waves and tried to call out your name but unfortunately the water cut his words short and took him out as well. The fact that a substance as simple as  water could be powerful enough to beat the life out a person was unbelievable.

For a moment, Yoongi felt himself unable to move in the dark ocean as it lulled him to loose conscious and become enveloped in the cold water forever, but his eyes snapped open and he did his absolute best to fight it.

His lungs and eyes burned as the surface of the water seemed farther and farther away with every kick, but Yoongi refused to give up. He couldn't die, he wouldn't die. His father needed him.

Finally, right before he didn't think he could take it any longer, he erupted from the churning ocean to the stormy night sky once more. He did his best to stay afloat, and looked around frantically for you and the raft. 

He was able to make out the faint outline of the tipped raft a few feet away, but he couldn't find you. Yoongi panicked, thinking there was a possibility that the ocean had taken you and got closer to the raft to see if he could find you.

By the slight chance of a miracle, the tips of your fingers reached above the water as your unconscious body sunk beneath the waves, and Yoongi spotted you, quickly propelling himself so that he could grab your arm and try to support you above the water.

He cursed under his breath in panic as he saw that you were unconscious and did his absolute best to keep both you and him afloat, but it was hard. His last hope was the raft.

Thinking quickly, he grabbed a side of the raft and waited for another wave to come so he could use the motion to help him flip it back over. This was extremely difficult as he was still trying to hold you, but by the chance of another miracle, he succeeded. He quickly gripped your waist and pushed your unconscious form over the side of the raft; he then also climbing in after he was sure you were secure.

He quickly laid you down in the raft and frantically checked your breathing. You groaned in pain and Yoongi sighed in relief. You would be fine after you woke up. He didn't care about you a whole lot or anything, but it would still suck if you died. Of course, the storm hadn't disappeared, and although he felt as if he could sleep for a hundred years, Yoongi knew that he couldn't rest just yet.

He did his best to fight against the waves and rough rainfall to steady the raft and keep it afloat. He was so tired, and the storm seemed to drain every ounce of energy and warmth out of him, but he kept going. He kept going all night.

~~~

Everything hurt. That was the first impression you had of what you were feeling as you awoke under the scorching sun and on top of the rough sand. Your eyes fluttered open; eye lids feeling heavy as you groaned in pain. It felt as if you had been used as some sort of human pinata.

At first you couldn't see anything due to the fact that you were laying on your back staring straight up at the bright sun. It momentarily blinded you before you blinked and sat up; rubbing your eyes in order to see clearly. Sand had embedded itself in your clothes and hair, and you felt it rain from your back as you sat up off of the sandy ground.

The first thing you saw was the ocean of course, but a very different ocean than the one that had tortured you the night before. This ocean was calm, blue, and peaceful; reflecting the sky and white fluffy clouds in it's clear surface, as if it hadn't completely destroyed an entire boat the night before.

Your eyes widened as everything came flooding back to you; the storm, the fire, the raft, Yoongi...

Oh no.