THIRTEEN| Home

After five months on the island, things were changing. For one you most likely only got more and more disgusting as you began running low on personal care products. For another, you and Yoongi were no longer new to the dangerous and wild world that was the island. After awhile you got accustomed to the day to day tasks that were necessary for survival. 

You also got more used to each other, and you noticed Yoongi became less and less closed off as the days passed by and he actually seemed willing to be around and survive with you. In the past it had seemed as if he were caring for himself only and you just happened to be there, but now things were different. He let you help and acted as if the two of you were a team.

You loved it.

Unfortunately, new issues were soon arising. After so long, it quickly became apparent that rescue couldn't be expected anytime soon. There was still hope, but it became the back burner as the two of you never saw any signs of civilization or rescue. 

And so, you had no idea how long you'd be on the island. You could be there for years for all you knew, but unfortunately the set up you and Yoongi had would not last years. In fact, it was barely working after five months.

Your shelter was fragile and fell constantly; holes in the raft not helping when it rained and it becoming much too cold to continue on in the nights. To aid in this and to not get hypothermia; you and Yoongi were 'forced' to sleep very close to each other, not that you minded. Sleep with Yoongi or die by freezing... hmm... options options...

This was another thing that was changing. Of course you were both embarrassed at first regarding the sleeping situation, but after awhile it just became second nature and only another part of survival. Every night after the fire and eating whatever food had been found, Yoongi would silently crawl into bed and wait for you; you crawling next to him quickly before you both said goodnight and he brought the covers over the both of you.

On extremely cold nights Yoongi had no choice but to wrap his arms around you and hold you accordingly; you not minding at all and even favoring the situation as your shivers morphed into ones of lesser proportions under his cold but slowly warming skin.

Again, at this point it was silently confirmed that this was all for survival.

One morning after Yoongi had done just that, you woke up and quickly peeled Yoongi's arms off of you before blinking sleepily and yawning; sitting up straight to stretch. 

He moaned and pried an eye open, looking at your awake form for a moment before closing them once more.

"It was so cold last night," He muttered raspily, you nodding in agreement.

"I know. Want me to make the fire?"

"I wouldn't usually but I'm too tired to wake up." Yoongi spoke with a groan, your face lighting up as he turned the other way to attempt to get more rest. 

You happily made your way over to the pit and began making the fire; it very easy to you now and only taking a few minutes. It wasn't long before Yoongi was clearly lured by the warm flames and came sleepily walking out of the shelter with the blanket around him. He looked cute but you held back a fond smile and instead ran to get a piece of sail to wrap around yourself and mimicked his hunched over form.

Yoongi seemed quiet. When he was this quiet you usually knew what he was thinking about.

"Don't worry," You told him quietly, his tired and deep eyes meeting yours. "About your dad. He'll be OK."

Yoongi didn't exactly believe what you said nor did he think he shouldn't worry, but he still nodded in appreciation. 

"Don't you worry about your family. Or your fiance," Yoongi spoke with a weak smirk, he knowing the mention of your 'soon to be husband' tended to anger you. To be honest he didn't care for the topic either, but you were fun to tease.