SEVENTEEN| Deal

"This isn't so bad," you decided, speaking aloud and trying to push the sound of wavering sorrow out of your voice as you hugged your knees to your chest. The position you were in was one of interesting proportions, but you were unable to think of anywhere else to go. 

Because you found long ago that being on your own would never work, you promptly decided that in some sort of fashion you needed company and support. That was why, although you were slightly afraid of heights, you had managed to climb your way into a tree that belonged to a troop of monkeys.

At least they were decent listeners. 

"So yeah," You went on to say, expressing all your hardships and explaining your presence to your new 'family', "Basically I started liking my mean snarky companion even though I was supposed to be engaged to someone else and now I found out he likes me too; even though he also thinks I'm annoying."

The monkeys went on with their own business and climbed about; making noises as they used their arms to maneuver through the trees. A younger monkey was picking through your hair as if to look for bugs. You paid him no mind and continued to chat regardless of the fact that the monkey was messing up your hair. 

"The thing is, turns out his distant nature was him trying to not like me. Because he didn't want to like someone who's engaged to someone else. I guess that makes sense." You released a pained sigh and hugged your legs tighter to you. "To be honest... I'm starting to feel like nothing matters anymore. It's been so long. We could be on this island forever. But even then, if I'm causing Yoongi any trouble... any pain at all... then I need to stay out of his way. I've done enough."

It was then that something suddenly snapped inside your mind; cheeks heating up and spine stiffening as a certain realization hit you.

"Wait..." You murmured, looking about at the monkeys. A smile found it's way to your face for a moment as your heat beat sped up. "Yoongi... likes me? He really does...?"

Your heart seemed to sigh as you leaned back against the tree for a moment in absolute stunned bliss as you dreamily looked upwards towards the canopy of trees. Min Yoongi liked you. 

Your joy was soon diminished however when you remembered every other negative that came with that thought. Your expression crumpled when you realized you weren't supposed to ever see him again. You sniffed slightly at this thought and tried to hold back tears as you bit your lower lip.

"I-I guess I shouldn't think about him anymore... I mean... he wasn't that great anyway," You tried to tell yourself, pointing the conversation at a monkey nearby that was nibbling on a fruit. Another monkey climbed your arm but you paid him no mind.

"He was rude and impatient. Sure he was a hard worker, but that guy was also really lazy. If I ever woke him up, he threatened to murder me. I'm serious!" Despite the fact that you were trying to talk yourself out of liking Yoongi, a small smile made it's way back onto your face as the tear you spewed dripped off your chin. "He called me names... he never let me do anything... he treated me like a child..."

You trailed off slightly and soon fell silent as multiple monkeys were now chirping and rummaging through your hair as if it were a grocery store. Your still silence went on for awhile before you couldn't help it any longer.

The animals jumped in surprise when you suddenly began heavily sobbing; burying your face in your hands as your shoulders shook.

"YOONGI!" You wailed shamelessly, stammering his name through your tears. You were an emotional wreck, so gave yourself some time to cry. It was necessary and really helped get everything out. 

Backing yourself against the large trunk of the tree, you finally came to the conclusion that no matter how long you would be away from Yoongi, you wouldn't be able to stop thinking about him. Even if it was forever.