FOURTEEN| Trip

"Yoongi, come on. Let's talk."

"No. Go away."

You pressed your lips together firmly before releasing a sigh; continuing your chase. He had been unresponsive and frantic since the exceptionally cheesy line he had spouted after you kissed his cheek.

Yoongi had been horrified with himself and the words his mouth had released while you just blinked in surprise and shock for a moment.

Of course he pushed past you and took off in a brisk walk towards the beach; you recovering and following hot on his heels. You knew if you let him get away then you would never get an answer.

But an answer was something you still didn't have as he completely avoided you and your questioning as he pushed past leaves in attempts to escape you.

"Yoongi!" You called out when he got a bit further away in desperation, "I'm sorry! Come back!"

He once again didn't answer, and you knew that of all the times Yoongi had cut you off this would be the hardest to come back from. You panicked and felt your heart throb in anxiety as he disappeared. In desperation you fake stumbled to the ground.

"Ah! Oh no! Yoongi help! I'm stuck in quick sand!"

No response. You pouted and got up; brushing yourself off and huffing in irritation that he didn't care to save you from your fake demise. In fact he didn't even stop as you heard his quick paced feet ripping through the greenery of the jungle.

What the heck was wrong with him?!

You sprinted despite the uncomfortable roots of the trees stubbing your toes and the spider webs that tickled your skin in order to catch up with Yoongi. However you soon found out that he was no longer in the jungle and had erupted from the brush to the beach.

He was sitting in the sand and simply staring at the ocean; head not turning your way as you panted heavily in attempts to catch your breath from the sprint. When you saw him you sighed and took off your shoes. Your bare feet sunk into the sand as you took cautious steps towards his still form.

You were scared he might run off again but he continued to stay still as the moving of the waves from the ocean reflected in his emotionless eyes.

"Yoongi..." You spoke simply, lips quivering as you were a little unsure and trailed off while speaking his name.

"What." He snapped. You blinked slightly, honestly surprised he had responded at all.

"Please forgive me," you begged, falling to your knees next to him, "I wasn't thinking when I kissed you, I know I'm stupid, just please... I'm so sorry." You didn't even realize it but tears began brimming within your vision as you realized the true idiocity of your actions and why Yoongi had run from you.

You felt stupid as your tears hit the sand and you allowed your fingers to clutch into it as the particles slipped through your fingers. You had just reached the point where the two of you were friends... which really meant so much.

From a rocky first start to mutual companionship to now, what you had with Yoongi was special to you, and not just because he was the only one there. But now... you didn't know. Why did you always have to ruin everything?!

You began whimpering slightly as you sniffed and brought your knees to your chest. Yoongi heard your soft sobs and rolled his eyes; his sigh causing you to snap your head his way.

"Would you stop overreacting and crying about everything?" He spoke, not turning your way. "Are you a baby?"

Your mouth opened slightly in shock and you angrily huffed; the mood changing quickly as he insulted you.