TWENTY-SEVEN| STRANDED

One week later

You walked briskly down the moonlit road and clenched and unclenched your aching fingers in apprehension. You had lost count of the amount of copies of your book you had signed, but it had certainly been a lot. Your fingers were tired from gripping the pen in order to scrawl your signature against numerous covers, but even with this pain a smile refused to leave your face as you wiggled your fingers.

The book would hit shelves tomorrow, and there were already thousands of pre-orders.

It still baffled you as to how such a small item that had only meant to keep you occupied during your stay on the island was what had ultimately caused all this to be possible. You had already began writing more, and your dad was ecstatic. In the end, you had been the one to save the company after all.

Really though you owed it all to one person.

After a short and giddy walk to the pier, It was finally that same person that you suddenly thought you were able to make out in the distance; he looking more like a shadow against the full moon and street lamp as he stood on the dock in a predictably still and unmoving manner. His presence made you giddy as you bit your lower lip in excitement and shuffled forward a little faster; having to stop yourself from practically bounding over to the man. 

It had been a matter of days since you'd seen him, and the unfamiliarity of not being next to him at all times had been torture. You had been busy with the book however, and he with running the boats. Now finally you were meeting again.

"Yoong- ACK!" You began to call out joyously, reaching out for him but he whirling around in surprise by your closeness only to accidentally lightly hit you in the face with whatever he had been holding. 

You spluttered as petals rained down on your cheeks and backed up a bit to see Yoongi's familiar red face peering at you in slight disarray while the bouquet of flowers in his hands now seemed crumpled from where your face had run into them. 

"(Y/N)," he scolded, pretending to take great interest in the bouquet as he studied the damage further and pointedly avoided your eyes in embarrassment. You blinked, not saying anything as his eyes darted to your form to gauge your reaction before looking away and pretending he hadn't. You crossed your arms and smirked as you put two and two together.

"Are those for me?" You questioned playfully; pointing at the flowers and clearly making fun of Yoongi's weakness when it came to romance. He narrowed his eyes, but the red hue to the tips of his ears were hard to ignore as he tossed you the bouquet.

"Yeah." He spoke simply, flushing even more in surprise when you accepted them gratefully. Your happy face came into view as you hugged the bundle to your chest and radiated the energy Yoongi had missed so much.

"Wow! I love them!" You spoke earnestly, bounding in place giddily while a small smile formed on his lips. Yoongi had gotten you flowers. Although he had given them in a way that was very... Yoongi... this was the first step towards attempting a normal relationship. One that was accustomed to the modern world, not that of jungles and beaches. "I can't believe it. You really went all out, like we're meeting for a real date! Honestly I thought we were just going to meet up to make out."

Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes at this, but that redness that dusted his cheeks only deepened upon your words. 

"Aish, can't you say anything normal for once?!" He paused. "And why are you wearing sunglasses at night? Can you even see?"

"I'm a celebrity now, Yoongi," you spoke pointedly, tipping your shades down to your nose and winking at him before pushing them back up. "Celebrities have to wear shades, it's like, a necessity. And I can see just fine."