TWENTY-SIX| Cake

"What?!" You spoke in surprise after only hearing the beginning of the plan. Your eyes widened upon what he proposed the two of you would have to do to escape the balcony.

"How else are we supposed to get down? Your room is full of people that would stop us."

"And my door is locked," you mumbled, Yoongi having to fight his anger upon receiving the information that they had locked you in your room in order to stay on track. "But Yoongi, climbing down the side of the mansion wall seems like a bit of a death wish."

"I climbed up!"

You blinked, forgetting that he had. 

"Oh, right. But still..." You couldn't help but feel nervous, even with the knowledge that at one point, you had climbed up the side of a cliff upon the prospect of survival with an injured leg and a rope that attached you to another person. 

Yoongi was growing a bit impatient and antsy, not understanding your hesitation and wanting to leave as soon as possible. 

"I won't let you fall," he promised. His eyes were full of seriousness as he pursed his lips. "Just like on the island."

You breathed out nervously and looked down at your attire. It wasn't ideal for the activity Yoongi had proposed. Something about the situation made you uncomfortable beyond this however, and upon a sudden barking sound you remembered what it was. 

Jeb didn't care for the sounds of the animals below and hid behind your hair as Yoongi quickly peered over the side of the balcony.

"Oh man," you breathed out in worry, "Junho has guards that do their rounds to check the island like three times a day. If we just climb down, they'll catch us on the ground. There has to be a way that gets us closer to where you anchored the boat." You looked around briskly, searching for anything that would give you an answer. "Where exactly is the boat anchored?"

"Over there," Yoongi pointed towards the far right of the house with worry gracing his features after catching sight of the guards and the dogs. "Behind a giant rock on the far side of the shore. I didn't know there were guards... what if they find the boat? I'm lucky I didn't run into them before."

You gnawed on your lower lip regardless of the lipstick against it. 

"Then we'll just have to be lucky again. Don't worry, I think they mostly stay close to the house. You know, unless the dog smells something."

"Like a boat?" Yoongi questioned with an arched eyebrow and stress gracing his features. Your nerves fluttered realizing he was right, and in confirmation of his fears, the dog below the balcony suddenly started barking. 

You quickly looked over the side to see the dog dragging the guard in the same direction Yoongi had pointed out just moments before. 

"Uh oh." You spoke simply, Yoongi wincing as his plans all started going down the drain. "No no no, this is good. Uh, we can work with this." You tapped your lip in thought with the side of your finger as you paced a bit. "Now maybe they'll all be distracted so we can actually get down. Then, when they leave the boat to go tell Junho, we can escape!"

"We don't have much time," Yoongi spoke urgently, grasping your hand in his tightly and worry taking over every other expression and emotion. The feel of the ring pressing against his skin didn't help anything and only aided in fueling the flood of anxiety. "If they find the boat and tell Junho, he'll immediately suspect me. He'll come to your room. We need to get out of here and find a good place to hide, preferably a place completely out of sight."

Your mind whirled as his skin touched yours and you tried to use every ounce of your brain to come to a solution. Adrenaline rushed through your veins as you finally looked over to the right side of the balcony... and an idea popped into your head. A slight smile perked at your lips as you whirled your attention back on Yoongi.