TEN| Sinking

Three months. You'd been on the island with Yoongi for three months. Three months is a very long time, but even then the two of you had been very lucky and hadn't run into much trouble. There were animals, but so far you had only encountered harmless ones such as birds.

Food had always been available if there was effort put into finding it and there hadn't been many rain spells or other bad weather. Lucky was the only way to describe your situation.

As the days trickled on, you and Yoongi fell into a more steady routine. You began helping more as he got more comfortable allowing you to. Your designated jobs were laundry and cooking while his consisted of making the fire, making the signal, and getting the food so you could cook.

You rather liked the set up and it reminded you of playing house like when you were a kid. You felt like you were in charge of your own chores and loved being of actual use.

Finally Yoongi allowed you to follow the river to the lake and wash the clothes on your own without 'supervision' and you were relieved. You were an adult after all and should have such rights regardless.

Although you helped out a little, Yoongi still worked really hard to keep up with everything that had to be done and he was clearly getting more and more exhausted as the days trickled on. He began taking more naps and a sort of tired dullness made it's way over his eyes that refused to fade. Not that you looked into his eyes all the time or anything...

But regardless of his clear exhaustion, Yoongi never complained about doing what needed to be done and never missed a day. Even though you now cooked so he could nap while waiting for the food, he clearly needed some sort of break.

So you decided to give him one.

Planning it out to the best of your ability, you managed to set up a surprise day off for Yoongi in thanks for all he did to keep you alive. The hardest part was getting him to comply.

~~~

Yoongi wearily opened his eyes when the smell of smoke filled his nostrils; his sleep disturbed by the out of place scent. He pried himself off of the hard ground when he came out of the sleepy haze that coated his brain and began panicking when he realized you were outside building a fire out of the remaining hot embers from the night before.

"YAH!" He cried out in panic, rushing over to you and grabbing your elbow to pull you back, "What are you doing!?"

You blinked in surprise at his abrupt entrance as his fingers dug into your elbow and he quickly snatched the stick you were holding out of your hands.

"Um, making a fire?"

His hold loosened and he sighed; rubbing his temple as if he had a headache.

"And why didn't you just wake me up to do it like usual?"

"Because..." You paused for a moment while Yoongi stared dully at you, waiting for a response as you attempted to build up the suspense, "Because SURPRISE!" Reaching into your pocket you pulled out a fistful of flowers you had collected on yesterdays laundry trip and flung them in the air, he coughing as he got them in his face. "You get a day off!"

"What the heck are you talking about?" He spoke while trying to get the petals out of his hair and off his shoulders in irritation.

You grabbed his wrists and tugged in order to pull him to the makeshift chair you had made him out of a log and a suitcase and pushed him down to force him to sit in it. Yoongi was surprised by your forceful motions and looked up at you with irritated eyes before attempting to get up again. You simply placed your hands on his shoulders and pushed him back down.