NINETEEN| Moments

The two of you ended up falling asleep as the rain refused to stop pouring down into later hours of the night. At this point, although it sounded impossible, you both had the ability to sleep even on a hard cave floor. It's what comes naturally with exhaustion. 

Oddly enough, Yoongi woke up before you did as he blinked awake to the sounds of birds and water dripping from the trees outside and you stayed still from where you had collapsed the day before.

He groaned and stretched; not wanting to wake you up but feeling pain from the horrible sleeping arrangement. Yoongi rubbed the sleep from his eyes and allowed them to further look at the colorful jungle outside the cave entrance. It greatly contrasted with the dark inside of the cave and the unknown depth to it that he didn't want to discover. 

Yoongi breathed out a bit and fully picked himself up off of the floor. The things he had packed were laying on the ground still, and after gazing at your sleeping form for a moment, he quickly crouched down to look through them and to find the object he had specifically brought along for a much anticipated purpose. 

He quickly clutched it in his hand and inspected it for a moment before storing it in his pocket safely. 

It was then that Yoongi noticed how quiet it was, and his spirits began soaring when the absence of a presence was soon discovered. Your monkey was no where to be seen. Hopefully he had wondered into the wilderness and wouldn't be coming back.

Smiling smugly to himself, Yoongi watched you as you attempted to sleep soundly; stirring a bit with the sounds of the jungle outside the entrance. Putting his hand in his pocket, he allowed his fingers to brush against the metal chain of the object that sat there and breathed out slowly in thought.

This wasn't enough. You deserved better. Although he didn't want to leave you alone at that moment, what he wanted more than anything was to make you happy. As your boyfriend, however temporary or permanent, he wanted to do the job and fill the position well. Yoongi knew this wasn't quite his style and would certainly be awkward, but he wanted to give it his best shot.

After contemplating and looking around a bit to make sure you would be OK where you were without him for awhile, he exited the cave. Before he did, he made sure to take your journal out from your pack of things and write, "I'll be back later," on the last page. Just in case. Knowing you would be angry, he didn't read any of your entries and only left the book faced up and open next to your still form. 

Birds scattered upon his presence when he first stepped outside, and Yoongi blinked due to the sudden brightness. This was uncharted territory, and he couldn't forget that. Although beautiful, he knew how dangerous the jungle really was. These thoughts made him hesitate about leaving you, but after clenching his fist and finding determination once more, he stepped forward.

Then the monkey jumped on his head.

"AISH!" Yoongi protested angrily in a fit of panic as the creature screeched in his ear and tugged on his hair. "YAH! GET OFF ME!"

Jeb did not obey in the slightest and only clung tighter as Yoongi tried to take the tussle further away from the cave so you wouldn't hear and wake up. 

"Stupid monkey," Yoongi hissed, attempting to pry him off but he not having it and instead crawling about until it's small hands reached into his pocket and pulled out the small black box that held the object Yoongi had planned on presenting to you; barring his teeth and jumping off of the flustered and angry male in the process.

"YAH!" He shouted in fury as Jeb began running away with the priceless trinket. Yoongi's cheeks were red from embarrassment and anger as he attempted to get the item back and chase the monkey uphill. He wasn't completely out of his mind and remembered to mark his path so he wouldn't loose you or the cave in his fit of rage.