TWENTY| Dark

You were breathless as you flew down the hill; your heart pumping and legs attempting to provide maximum speed without causing you to tumble to your death. Next to you, Yoongi displayed similar movements as his hand stayed firmly grasped to yours so that there would be no chance of you loosing each other.

The ground continued to shake in a threatening way and made the run more difficult as you gasped upon tripping when the ground moved and forced your ankle against a tree root.

"Careful!" Yoongi hissed through panting, continuing to pull you along and worried about your bad ankle that you had injured not too long ago. It seemed as if now the two of you were racing against a ticking time bomb, and if he weren't terrified for his and your life, Yoongi would have been beyond embarrassed.

The moment he had seen the volcano and it's active state he shouldn't have assumed anything but the worst. That's what his past self would have done anyway. But after months of your company, he had brushed the sight away and assured himself that paranoia wasn't necessary. It's what you would have done, after all. He had ignored what might have been a fearful sight and continued on with pursuing romance above life. What was wrong with him?!

He knew what was wrong with him.

"I-I think I'm in love with you..."

"Hurry," Yoongi ushered you, gritting his teeth and focusing on the problem at hand as a familiar heat swarmed his face. Even now, in such a situation, he was still thinking about you. At this point he was begging for death.

The earth seemed to be yelling as the movement only got worse, and Yoongi's heart stopped in fear as he wracked his brain for any information on volcanoes. There wasn't any. His only outdoor knowledge had originated from his dad's TV survival programs that he had watched in the hospital or on bed rest, so national geographic's volcano special had never graced his vision.

All he knew was that they brought a lot of destruction and had enough power to completely destroy anything in it's way. Yoongi had too much to loose that the volcano could take, and his primary worry was the owner of the clammy hand that was tightly gripped in his.

Although he wasn't sure, he thought the shore might be the safest place, and maybe even retreating to the ocean until the eruption was over would work as well. He wasn't sure how long an eruption was, or how long the two of you could swim, but it was all he had.

He told himself not to think and to just keep running, but unfortunately it seemed as if you had other plans. You abruptly stopped; causing Yoongi to almost trip and tumble down the hill. His hold on your hand stopped this from happening, and after panting and regaining his balance, he looked at you incredulously.

"What are you doing?!" He shouted above the sounds of the earth quaking. You were looking in the distance with worry and fear gracing your features; clearly not as concerned as he was that the two of you had stopped running. Why had you stopped?!

"Jeb!" You practically wailed, looking back at him with a pleading sob as you spoke your pet's name. "Please, he's still in the cave and-"

"No!" Yoongi protested, now fearful as he spluttered shocked disagreement. OK, so in the past it had been a teasing irritation, but now, this was real. Your monkey was just an animal. He returned your serious gaze with his own begging expression as he prayed you weren't being serious. "He's an animal! (Y/N), we have to run, I-"

You didn't even take the time to listen and let go of Yoongi's hand in order to break away and run for the cave.

"(Y/N)!" He called after you in panic, so angry and scared that he was shaking as he hesitated in what he should do. Because you were his first priority, this hesitation was barely a second. He took off after you. This couldn't be real. This wasn't happening.