TWELVE| Fever

Yoongi opened his eyes the next morning feeling much too comfortable. The events of the previous night flooded his mind and without much surprise he looked down to see you in his arms. You were sleeping soundly and even sported a soft smile on your face as an arm draped across his chest. To stay like this was what Yoongi wanted more than anything else, but he remembered what he had mentally told himself the night before and gingerly picked your arm off of him and slid his away from your waist. 

His one day was over. Back to normal, back to avoiding his own heart, and back to doing everything in his power to dispose of the way he was beginning to feel about you. Slipping away from you was easy as you were a deep sleeper, so after doing so he immediately went to make the fire. It was still cold in the early morning, and with Yoongi's departure you soon found yourself shivering and waking up slightly.

You hadn't slept so good in months... or to be more specific... since you'd been on the island. Your hair was probably a mess, and after glancing at Yoongi's form making the fire you quickly blushed before running your fingers through your messy hair.

Last night was... amazing. Every thing about it was. He was like a different person... well, in some ways. The real difference was the fact that he didn't seem to be holding himself back and seemed more care free; opening up to you about his dad and trying to get you to convert back into your usual self. You could day dream for hours about everything that happened and almost found yourself lost in thought as you recalled the way his pale skin had looked against the moonlight. 

You sounded stupid and out of your mind, but you couldn't help it. Yoongi had put a spell over you last night, and even though it was usual for the two of you to fight and argue, it had almost become second nature to a bigger emotion that was developing. From the hug on the waterfall to the almost kiss to him holding you in the night, it almost wasn't real. It sounded unreal, like a story. Like something you thought only happened in dreams.

You raked your fingers through your hair as you stared at the guy in your thoughts work. He looked as if he had slept well also, and you brightened at this. Pumping yourself up, you decided to go talk to him.

"Um, good morning Yoongi," You shyly spoke, walking towards him while stretching. He stiffened at your presence before turning to face the other way, nodding slightly.

Uh oh. Was he really already back to ignoring you? Your heart sank and you closed your eyes shut tightly as he turned away from you. All well. If things were back to your version of 'normal,' then despite Yoongi's ignoring you you would still continue to try to break him. 

"It's a nice day," You prompted, gaining no response. You bit your lower lip in disappointment. "What should we do today?"

Yoongi shrugged as he threw twigs into the fire to make it bigger. You were becoming impatient so smirked slightly before touching his arm. 

"I'll make the fire Yoongi," You spoke, eager for any reaction regardless of it being anger or irritation. He simply rolled his shoulder forward to dispose of your touch before sternly looking at the fire silently. You mouth opened in surprise. He would always yell at you for touching him and insinuating that you couldn't do 'dangerous' things. What the heck was wrong with him?

All day you tried. You did your best. You wanted to bring out any sort of Yoongi, no matter which side of him it was. He refused to give you any sort of response and didn't utter one word the entire day. Your heart broke as soon darkness fell and you realized you had been unsuccessful. You felt lonely and tired, so soon decided to go to bed; an awkward situation occurring when Yoongi stood up to go to bed at the same time. You looked at each other slightly before Yoongi blushed and looked away.