fifteen. what

"your majesty, i highly request for your return to the palace.", one of the butlers voiced out his concern.

"is anything the matter suho?", her warm honey-like voice asked kindly.

"I'm afraid there is something you should concern of."

--

she was asleep. that's all.

guanlin assured himself. after the night of playing around with ari and some of his hyungs, somehow, she suddenly collapsed.

and that was two days ago.

the slayers were called in and immediately they escorted the girl to a private room in the palace. a royal doctor was called in and her parents were informed.

"what did you all do her?", dongho raged out after being kicked out from the room following doctor's orders.

"nothing, we swear to our non-existant heartbeats.", daehwi said.

"she was fine a while ago. she was playing with us anyway.", seongwoo explained.

"all of the sudden, in the middle of the game, she collapsed to the floor.", minhyun continued.

they decided it was no one's fault and concluded that they would take care of her one by one. changing shifts every hour.

'i thought period won't kill a girl.', he mentally muttered as he glanced at the unconscious girl.

ari now had her eyes shut. her face was pale as snow and her hands and feet were cold as ice. she wouldn't budge from her position yet from one point to another, she'd flinch all so suddenly which sent panic to all of the guys.

"babe, you are something.", he picked up one of her hands and pressed his lips on her knuckles.

--

"your highness, may i have a word with you?", the royal doctor, zhang yixing, called.

the princes all looked at one and other, hoping one of them would just volunteer to follow the doctor.

woojin sighed at his brothers' hesitation and stood up, as a sign he was the one whose going to her what ever the doctor has to say.

he followed the doctor to his office and politely closed the door behind him. the doctor offered the Prince a seat which he obligated.

"what is it doctor Zhang?", woojin's voice was unsure.

"this might be something unusual. but are you sure she's a human your highness?", doctor Zhang posted a question..

woojin could only awkwardly laugh.

"of course she is.".

"well. I don't think so sire. her blood results were quite different from others that I've tested with. it didn't match a human blood cell, it certainly didn't match a vampire blood cell nor a slayer's. it was something peculiar.", the young looking doctor explained.

"impossible. she wouldn't keep anything from us. unless...", woojin stopped his words.

"your highness, i think, your mate is a..."

--

jinyoung calmly took his place next to the sleeping girl, holding her hand gently in process.

he did possess the ability of telepathy so initially he was able to communicate with her through mind. even she was unconscious, her mind is still working.

he started to focus.

'shortcake, can you hear me?', he asked mentally, hoping for her response.

a few minutes had passed and there were no response from her. jinyoung chuckled sadly before letting go of her hand, thinking of how stupid he was for trying to talk to her in her sleep.

'baejin? it's that you? help me!', an all too familiar voice called out for him. he snapped his head towards her direction , finding her in her sleeping form.

'ari wake up. please wake up. we need you sweetheart.'

'i can't. I'm stuck. help me.', her voice sounded weak as she plead.

'sweetheart, you have to wake up. daniel hyung needs you. jihoon hyung needs you. daehwi and jaehwan hyung needs you. seongwoo hyung needs you. woojin hyung needs you. guanlin needs you. minhyun hyung needs you. jisung hyung needs you. sungwoon hyung needs you.', he managed to say under pressure. he held her hand again, this time gripping it slightly. taking her hand to his lips.

'i need you.', he finally said, tearing flowing out slightly.

ari's hand flinched a bit and her chest was going up and down as if to breathe in more oxygen. her eyes fluttered open, blinking as the lights were too much for her.

"ari?", jinyoung shuttered.

there was something wrong about her. ari always had that mark showing her has mates which was located on her collarbone but it's gone.

a new mark appeared. it was under her left eye, a small tiara shaped mark.

but there's another thing wrong with her.

her eyes were no longer hazel.

it was now the colour of deep blue.

--