twenty two. boyfriend's voice

minhyun and ari went to school together and this time he let her study as he had student council duties.

"see you around hun", minhyun left her with a peck on her head.

ari went around the campus building as now she had free period. most of the students now either had classes or duties to do. she went to look for a certain group.

to: huang renjun

- hey kiddo. where you at?

from: huang renjun

- hey! me and the hyungs are in the studio. 3rd floor, studio 18.

to: huang renjun

- on my way

ari slowly turned her head left and right to see if they were any one around. thankfully it was just her in the hallway.

today she decided to take the elevator because why not?

--

"YO SHORTY PANTS!", haechan yelled when ari entered the studio with renjun whom opened the door for her.

"SHUT UP SALTY MOUTH.", she replied.

taeyong immediately welcomed her and asked her to take a seat which she did took beside mark and johnny.

lucas being a gentleman he offered her a carton of chocolate milk while jisung gave her a cookie. she felt comfortable with the care they gave her. it was the same like the slayers.

these eighteen guys have been associated with ari ever since she was a child. her parents told her they were the same kind as hers. the eighteen boys would protect and help you. the boys and her became friends in an instant.

after all, they are the same kind.

"so ari, why are you here? not that we mind.", jaehyun started the conversation.

ari lowered her head and cleared her throat before looking up again.

"about that thing we talked about the other day...", she started off.

mark gave a pat on her back and said, "it's alright. we understand your situation."

"how much time do i have left?"

--

jaehwan who was alone in the music room, quietly played the piano.

his fingers professionally pressed every key as he sang with his husky voice. he was very confident that he was alone so he decided to sing a bit loudly.

"yaksokaeyo itji ankettago
nal dashi taeeonage haejun neol
I promise you I promise you
naega deo mani deo jalhalkkeyo"

as he sang, he instantly thought of someone very special to him. the thought of her made him smile while singing as if the lyrics was dedicated to her.

"yaksokaeyo nochi ankettago
naege bichi dweeojun geudael
I promise you I promise you
binnadeon bomnal ape
yaksokaeyo"

a faint clapping was heard when jaehwan finished singing. he turned around and saw the very person he wanted to meet.

"jaehwan-ie did great!", she gave him thumbs up, making his frozen heart race. she came closer and stood near him.

jaehwan patted the spot next him for her to sit which she immediately obligated and instantly mesmerized with the piano keys.

her fingers unconsciously pressed one key and got herself surprised. jaehwan found this undeniably cute and ruffed her hair.

"uri ari can play the piano right?", he questioned, making the girl nod.

"okay, i wanna see you play", he said.

ari thought of a song to play and she instantly had a light bulb lighted in her head and automatically, she started to play.

the melody sounded soft and pleasant like a lullaby.

at a certain point, she sang.

"i moraega tteoreojyeodo
shigani jureodeureodo
doedollil su eobttaedo it's okay okay"

jaehwan could feel there's a meaning under this song. he eyed the girl with curiosity.

"moraega da tteoreojigo
shigyega meomchwobeoryeodo
ssahyeogan chueogmaneun ne gyeote gyeote "

ari smiled when she thought of various memories of them as a whole together. she wanted to cherish them all.

she finished the song perfectly and when she opened her eyes, she saw a shocked jaehwan with his mouth agape.

"that was something! you're talented ari!", jaehwan clapped his hands.

ari did a playful bow before blowing kisses to an invisible audience.

jaehwan only ruffed her hair at her adorableness.

--

jaehwan brought ari to a teokkbeoki place which he often went with minhyun when the two princes had nothing to do.

on their way to that place, ari clung to his arm while walking on the side streets in the busy modern kingdom of Seoul. the two mates chatted and laughed at jaehwan's stories. it made them look like a normal couple on a date.

"besides performing ari, what else do you like to do?", jaehwan asked as he now intertwined their hands together.

she thought about it and replied, "laze out because I'm too energetic."

jaehwan raised his hand for a high-five which ari smacked his hand with her palm. the two soon reached their destination which ari was amazed with the decor.

it was fairly decent for a prince and it looked very comfortable to dine in. even the atmosphere suddenly felt pleasant.

the two settled down at a two seat place. an old lady came to take their orders. from the looks of the ahjumma, she knew jaehwan very well.

"aigoo uri royal highness came again~ and who is this lovely young lady? is she your mate your highness?", the ahjumma's motherly voice reminded ari of her mother at home probably busy with her work.

jaehwan's ears flushed red when the ahjumma titled him as your highness, in fact he was shy in front of his mate. jaehwan held ari hands and kissed it in front of the kind ahjumma.

"she's mine alright.", he shot ari a wink.

his shyness turned 180 degrees change.

"and eomma-nim, i told you to drop the profanity and call me jaehwan.", he pouted a bit, making ari cringe a bit.

"hey, acting cute are jihoon's and daehwi's profession!", ari complained playfully, earning a slight pinch from the prince.

"i can be cute too!", and jaehwan started to bring out aegyo in him and attacked ari with various kinds of aegyo he either knew or learned from daehwi and jihoon.

"staph! staph!", ari couldn't stop giggling as in actuality she was trying to not burst out laughing.

not that she care what other people would think of her. she was trying to have at least some respect for the old lady.

"aigoo, you two are so sweet that now I'm having diabetes.", ahjumma joked. and that's when the old lady realized she hadn't introduce herself for the sakes of jaehwan's mate.

"oh dearest me. how rude can i be. I'm Lee Guk Joo but everyone here calls me either Mrs. Lee or eomma-nim and if they want a smack on their heads, ahjumma.", mrs. lee gave ari a motherly hug and gave both of her hands a squeeze.

mrs.lee took their orders and soon the table was filled with the spicy mouth watering teokkbeoki and flavoured crispy chicken.

at this point, it's bye bye to cool image jaehwan and charming image ari. this food needs good savouring.

--