twenty five. lie detector

"aigooo, why did you two stay out late?", a very worried jisung asked both sungwoon and ari.

sungwoon pointed ari but ari pointed him. she immediately looked offended.

"hey, you said it first!"

"did not!"

"did too!"

"i hate you."

"awh baby, i love you too."

"that's enough! sungwoon, you go back to work. seongwoo and minhyun will help you. ari you go clean yourself. I'll be there shortly.", jisung ordered them while both sungwoon and ari pouted.

sungwoon gave ari a peck on the lips before leaving her to go back to their office along with jisung.

she walked down the hallways to reach to her quarters. as she did, she saw woojin, jihoon and daehwi playing video games in their sleep over purposes room. she saw jaehwan and jinyoung eating while joking. daniel playing around while eating with guanlin, minhyun and seongwoo.

she smiled at the thought of them being close. the sight of them bonding as brothers softens her heart.

what would happen in the future she asked herself.

"love?"

"what are you doing?", seongwoo's and minhyun's voices snapped her out of her train of thoughts.

heck, she didn't even realize them going out of the sleep over purposes room.

"oh me. I'm good.", she answered quickly before peck both of their cheeks. "I'm going to my room. yeah, jisung oppa said you two were gonna help sungwoon-ie with something."

both of them looked at her in confusion before suddenly gasping. well, seongwoo dramatically gasped while minhyun just widen his eyes.

"holy shit! you're right! thanks love.", seongwoo kissed her forehead.

"thank you sweetheart.", minhyun followed seongwoo before the both of them went to find sungwoon and jisung.

'and they say I'm cute.'

--

jisung sighed as he finished checking the nth file that hour. he promised aeri that he would go visit her but he was too caught up in his princely work.

he loosen up his tie and took off his watch, placing the expensive item on his glass office desk. he slumped in his chair again and tried to stretch out his stress.

being a prince sure had it pros but pros has cons and this one was one of them. work.

"jisung-ie...can i come in?", ari's voice chimed from the other side of the door making jisung to call the girl in.

she came in with two mugs of hot chocolate in her small hands. her sweet scent seemingly engulf the room which jisung really didn't mind. he loved her scent after all.

her hair was slightly damp from her shower she just taken and she was wearing a grey oversized hoodie and a pair of red shorts. her tiny feet was warmed by a pair of white socks and she completed her look with a pair of round thin framed eye glasses.

"hey sweet heart, how are you feeling? and oh thank you for the drink.", he thanked the girl after asking her well being.

she pulled a black leather office chair which she assumed was minhyun's and sat next to jisung, "good actually. i needed that shower. so refreshing."

jisung gazed at his mate's facial expression and he sensed something was off about her. it was like her mind was somewhere else.

"sweetheart, are you alright? not physically, inside i mean.", he asked as he reached out to hold her hand.

ari was puzzled at the curiosity behind the question. she wondered did he noticed or he was just asking out of curiousness.

"I'm okay oppa. why did you ask?", she tilted her head a bit to show some innocence.

well, this has become a habit of hers since she was a child. she would tilt her head a bit to the side if she was curious or she suspected a lie. her mother and fathers would soften at this sight even the slayers would.

but jisung practically raised ten boys so he knew when a person was lying.

besides it was his gift after all.

his vampire gift is to detect any lie or mischief. the iris of his left eye would glow shiny red if he did.

and it did. it shone when ari said she was okay. but jisung let this pass as it might be something she didn't wanted to share yet.

ari looked around and noticed at his desk was filled with files and his computer was showing that he had at least thirty emails that were still pending.

"oppa you need to finish your work.", she pointed his desk which made jisung to mumble a 'oh crap she ain't wrong.'

she shook her head in disbelief, "I'll help you oppa."

--

it was almost one in the morning and guanlin was wandering around in the palace to look for their lovely mate.

he walked pass the hyungs' office and suddenly stopped his tracks. he reversed a bit and stood in front of the brown double fancy looking door.

'maybe she's in here with jisung hyung.' , he pondered. he didn't see jisung all day either.

he peeked inside as he tried to be as quiet as possible.

"yah, guanlin what is you doing?", an all too familiar voices called him which made him shush them to be quiet.

daniel and jaehwan were weird out by the youngest's behaviour. guanlin motioned them to come closer and they did.

two more heads peeked inside their office and they instantly chuckled at the cute sight they were witnessing.

both jisung and ari were knocked out from all the work they just finished and they were peacefully asleep on the carpeted floor and their coats acted as a blanket.

"come to think of it, i haven't seen uri mate in a long time.", daniel whispered to his two brothers.

"you're too busy with your duties man. plus ari just had her exams so that's why you've been seeing her a lot less.", jaehwan commented.

"you should spend time with her hyung. I'm sure she would want that too.", guanlin added.

daniel thought about what his two brothers just remarked about it and he decided that it's time for the author to make his appearance in the next chapter.

(just because you're kang daniel that doesn't mean you can decide! yah, kang choding I'm talking to you!?!)

"will do.", daniel simply said while grinning.

--