Introduction

My skates scrape against the hard ice as I speed through the empty rink to do a double dragonball tip. I spin on my left foot, levitating with my skates as they flip me forward. I land perfectly, skating back until I hit a tall and muscular figure, almost falling to the ground. Luckily, he catches me before I fall. I turn around, to see a pair of lime-green eyes look down at me.

"Sofia?" Hugo asks. He lifts me off of the ice and places me upright on the rink. "It's been so long!" I shake my head in agreement, shocked that he came back so quickly.

"Back so soon? I honestly thought you were gone for good!" I tease. He grins.

"Apparently not long enough... Look at you, still as beautiful as ever!" I hide my blush, placing a hand over my mouth while chuckling. Hugo went away for the past few months to practice being king, ever since his father passed away.

"How was it?" I ask. His face darkens immediately, and he looks down. What is wrong with me, why would I ask him about his dead father? "Oh, I am so sorry, Hugo!" His face hardens, and he grits his teeth, turning away. I place my hand on his arm. He looks back.

"It's just hard, being the future king. I wasn't even supposed to be, but Axel is with Amber, and my father wanted me to have the kingdom anyway. It was his dying wish. I am the heir, no matter what. Out of nowhere, he dies, and I have to cope with his death, in addition to the responsibilities of a king. I am getting coronated in one week, Sofia. I can't do this!" He rants whilst hyperventilating. I hold on to his hand, feeling him relax in my grip.

"You can do this Hugo, stop doubting yourself! You will make a great king; I know so." I say, squeezing his hand. He looks at me again, tilting his head to the side. I give him an assuring smile, hoping to boost his confidence. He just sighs. We take in the scene around us. The snow is falling, and the rink is frozen solid. The trees and plants are snow-kissed, and there are beautiful ice shards everywhere. It is like a winter wonderland. Our thoughts are quickly interrupted by Baileywick.

"Your Highness, come to the castle. The king, he is gone!"

-

The next few moments pass by in a blur. I remember running to the palace with Hugo at my side, checking up with the palace guards. Father was last in his study before he just vanished. I look at my amulet, holding it. Dad gave me this amulet when I was first taken into the family. I look at Amber. She seems frantic as she paces around the room.

"We must take action!" As the heiress, if father is gone before Wassalia, ends, Amber is queen instantly. She has to take all the royal duties onto her shoulders.

"Your Highness," Cedric says. I turn around to see frail Mr. Cedric, taking his wand out. He waves it while speaking, "I think we can find your father."

-

Cedric takes me to his potion room.

"I remember using these whenever I needed to check up on my parents, to make sure they weren't in any trouble. Now, hand me the molasses. Just a dash however, dear Sofia."

"Of course," I state. After a few hours of mixing mermaid tears, salamander eyes, and many more ingredients, we finish making the potion. Cedric points at the cauldron and I nod, pouring in the solution. The first thing that pops up is my amulet. I grip it firmly in the palm of my hand. Cedric looks at me, confused, but then notices it. It, of course being the painstaking truth.

"Despite our, indifferences in the past, it is a clue leading to your father." I nod, he's not wrong after all. I just wish he was...

A/N: What do you think happened to the king? What will happen to Sofia and Hugo?! OMGGGGGG YAY CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT MOREEEEE!

Revamped 12/27/19