Chapter Fifteen: Challenges

Amber

      "If you really think you can beat me for the throne, then you will spar me with magic," James states. I gasp. 

      "James, I do not own any of my own magic," I say, astounded. He nods, snapping his fingers. Cedric appears. In his hand, there is a blue orb. 

      "Water, for her majesty," he bows. The orb floats to me, glowing bright. James grins, as a ball of fire appears in the palm of his hand. He extends it out, and then throws the glowing orb towards me. 

      I barely dodge the fire, some parts of my dress even get singed. 

      "You are joking!" I exclaim. "Do you see what ruin you have caused, brother?" I demand. James gives me an annoyed look, throwing another wave of fire. The heat is unbearable, but my fitted rage allows me to ignore it. 

     "He got our sister pregnant, and you're still concerned about the well-being of Hugo!" James exclaims.

      "Tell me that you're not actually mad for this reason," I shout, blasting the blue orb at James. He flies back with the water, hitting the throne with his back. 

      "I am, but the fact that you were secretly my fiancée's lover is what truly disgusts me. How dare you exploit the mother of my child and make her fall in love with your games?" James growls. 

       "Hildegard was always meant to be with me, and you knew that yet still pursued her!" I exclaim. James grunts, throwing another heated blast of fire, to which I block with my water. I throw another stream of water at him, causing him to fall to the ground. James is now drenched in water, and can barely stand straight. "James, your behavior has no excuses. Goodness knows what you've done to Hugo, and the way you've ruled proves just how unfit you are for king. I strip you of your title," I state. James flinches as I blast him with another orb of water. He passes out, hitting the ground like a ragdoll. The crown clinks on the marble tiles. I pick it up with the golden rim, and set it on my head. 

      The guards escort my brother to the dungeons. I pray he changes.

-

Sofia

      I rock Elise in my arms. She coos happily, blinking. Her eyes are a bright green--like Hugo's--but she still carries my red hair. I smile. At least our daughter has the best of both sides. I miss Hugo, his touch, his laugh. The past three months have flown by, yet all I can seem to do is worry for him. Where is he?

Hugo

      "Aya, are the troops ready?" I ask. My liaison nods,

      "Yes, the fleets are prepared to attack Enchancia," she states. 

      "Very well then, off we go."