Chapter Seven: When Time Takes its Course

Sofia's P.O.V.

It wasn't long until I found myself running on the fields. They were covered in a frosty coat of white that shimmered in the sunlight. One beauty in all the world's monstrosities. Father was still gone. Amber was still in paranoia. James was in desperate need of something in his life, unsure of exactly what it would be. I was the fallen princess.

You are also deep asleep, your highness...

"Your Majesty, here, drink this," a voice echoed. Everything was blurry, and dark, and then I felt the sudden need to puke; so I ran to the bucket and let it all out. I felt a hand hold my hair up for me as I continued to vomit. How splendid. A lady with tan, yet aged skin and amber eyes smiled at me as she held out a cup with a violet colored broth in it.

"Congratulations," she said, smiling at me. I felt very confused, and despite my efforts, remained to stay awake, ending up with me then being passed out on the floor of wherever I was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber's P.O.V.

I think I've gone crazy. I can't stand this, wearing a crown that is no more fit to be on my head than on my brother's. I can't be queen. It's insane. I also can't keep up this facade...

"Amber, what in Enchancia could you possibly be thinking about that has your expression looking like that ?" Hildegard trails on, eyeing me. I stutter for a second coming up with a response. Queens don't stutter.

"I was just overlooking current events, despite their lack of light," I responded, cold and firm, with dignity.

"What is that supposed to mean?! I think that you need some relaxing," she said, smirking. Smirking! My god Amber control yourself. "You know I've always been curious to see as to what would happen if I did this," she trailed on, walking towards me to my desk where I had just recently been trying to sign legislatures. I could hear the cold click of her heels as she paraded around the room to me, and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Stop! Are you crazy?! What if James came in?"

"I made sure to lock the door..." she pouted, eyeing me.

"Very well, then..."

Author's Note:

I KNOW it's been a long time, midterms though ;-;

I promise to update more frequently nonetheless, and I WILL keep up to that promise.

I only want this story to have around 20 chapters, so we're almost halfway there with the shit show!

Yes I ship Amber and Hildegard. Yes she's cheating on James. Big deal.

-Lina