Chapter Six: Virtue is Also a Lie

"Sofia, we finished the chandelier scaping, and the food has already been delivered. I believe that we are ready to start," Baileywick trails on.

"Agreed, Baileywick." Royal preparations are only so hard. Everything does manage to have a limit. The night passes by in a blur, and the only highlight was really Hugo staring at me from across the room. We trade glances every once in a while, and I even manage to blush. It's mutual however.

Something quite odd does happen though. A drunken noble ended up stumbling across my path, whispering in my ear,

"They'll be back." That was before he ended up pouring his wine onto me, and passing out on my feet. Everyone in the room laughed, and the guards wanted to escort him to the dungeons, but I simply told them to find him a room to nap in. It was quite entertaining on my behalf. The orchestra continues playing, and I head outside the ballroom to the hall, to change my dress. That was until I heard a voice speak to me,

"The ball was lovely, Sofia," Hugo whispers, pulling me into his arms. I chuckle,

"You really think so? Even when I had a drunken visitor spilled his wine all over me, and then proceed to fall flat on my heels." He nods his head at me, and I giggle.

"I need to change, so, if you don't mind..." I trail on, blushing. He turns his head, looking at me quizzically.

"But of course, Princess Sofia, perhaps I may escort you to your chambers?" He asks, extending an arm. I nod my head, and place my hand into his, odded out. I turn my head to the servant walking past us, and understand why he used the formality. We don't want anyone knowing.

We get to my quarter of the palace, and Hugo pushes me into my room, attaching his lips to mine. I again manage to let out a startled gasp. I slam the door behind me, and he pulls down the purple shoulder sleeves of my dress, as I unbutton his tunic. He pauses for a second, and pulls his lips away.

"Hugo?"

"Are you sure about this?" He asks, his face becoming serious. I think for a moment, am I sure? But I throw caution to the wind, and nod my head, shuddering. His kisses are like fire, trailing down my neck, shoulders, eventually back. He unties my corset, and I feel the pressure on my ribs release as he holds my waist in his hands, kissing my neck from my backside's angle. I push him onto the bed, and he turns me around, so that he ends up on top of me. We toss our garments aside, and he continues kissing me, trailing down to my stomach. I press my lips onto his, and he looks at me. I nod again, and for the first time in my life, he is completely mine. He holds me in his hands, pulling me closer to him. I can't get enough of him. I pull him closer using his hair. I tug gently, pulling him closer. Closer. Closer. There is no space between us. The night is a mix of pain and pleasure, and I ended up doing something I thought I would never end up doing, unless I was married at least. I made love to a man that I had known since I was a girl, and this was something that I had wanted since I laid eyes on him.

I wake up in the morning, to a pair of strong hands clinging onto my waist; holding me. Hugo and I are tangled up in my bedsheets, and I sigh, letting the memories of last night flood into my mind. Why? Sofia! Oh my goodness, this is going to be my fall! Was this even worth it?! I think for a while about that question. ... Yes, but no? After my personal council, I come to another realization. If we get caught, I will end for sure. Hugo pulls in closer, and I let a tear roll down my cheek. I make sure he doesn't notice me leaving him, and I gather clothes for myself. Putting them on, I run outside, far, far, away from the castle. I start sobbing, letting hot tears run down my face as I run. What have I done?

My "virtue" is gone, my "life" as they refer to it.

But why do I feel so alive?

A/N HOLY CRAP I DID IT XD EXCUSE THE CRAPPINESS :3 BUT OH WELL. I'm gonna revamp everything I PROMISE! IT WILL ALL GET BETTER. Hope you enjoyed?

...

sorry, I'm so sorry xD.

-Linaaaa