Chapter Twelve: Waking Up

"Spirit is about passion. The capability of killing someone should not be taken lightly, it is a very serious matter." Solana clicks her tongue, walking around the white abyss, "But with that capability of taking a life, you can also bring it back..." she trails on. I clasp my amulet. Is this really what I can do? 

       "Alright, I'll give it a shot," I mutter. Solana conjures up a flower and hands it to me. 

      "Make it wilt, it's that simple." I nod, holding the delicate rose petals in my hand. I close my eyes and try to pull the force out of the flower. I feel it shake in my hands, but I give up with a gasp of breath. I cannot bring myself to do this. Solana shakes her head no. "Fine," she comments, twisting her fingers in order to wilt the flower for me. "Bring it back to life." 

      I nod, because for some reason, I feel as though I can do it. I pull the flower back, keeping it afloat in the air. My eyes are closed shut as I extend my hand, flattening my palm. I open my eyes to see the petals return from a pallid shade of red to a brightening pink.  "How-"

      "I did it!" I exclaim happily. Solana stares at me blankly. 

      "That shouldn't be possi-" 

And then everything goes black. 

-

      "Sofia! Sofia snap out of it!" someone shouts. I hear faint voices as I rapidly blink my eyes. My pupils dilate from the light entering. I open my eyes to see Amber crying over me. 

     "What the-" I get interrupted by a strong hug from my sister. She stops crying and smiles. 

      "We thought you were-" 

      "Sofia, when were you going to tell us?" 

       "Tell you what?" I ask, looking down onto the covers of my bed. I also pay attention to my enormously huge stomach. 

       "I'm pregnant?!" I shout, completely mind-blown. I guess it wasn't all a dream. James frowns at me, tilting his head. 

      "Who's the father?" Amber asks, worriedly. I immediately jump out of the bed.

      "How dare you! I would never answer that question and you know it." 

      "It's Hugo isn't it?" James asks, putting on a vengeful mien. 

      "No, it's not Hugo-"

      "What's not me?" Hugo asks, walking into the room. He turns his eyes towards my ridiculously visible stomach hidden under my white nightgown. 

      This cannot be good... 

Word count: 454 Words

Well, I've published the next chapter, yay! I will hopefully finish this story, no promises though! 

Also, I might start editing this story to make it LOOK better, (and of COURSE I'll fix the grammar) so, that might be why you won't get updates for a while.

-Linaaaa