Chapter One: A Queen?

Two days.

      Amber frantically paces around the palace for two days, trying to figure out how to find our father. James paces with her while I look at my amulet, attempting to find a connection.

      "What are we going to do?" Amber asks. She ends up shouting at the guards, sending out multiple groups to hunt down father in Enchancia and the lands past it. 

      "What can we do?" James asks. "He just disappeared into thin air!" 

      "James, I don't know, the entire castle has been searched. Nothing. He's gone." I look between the two of them, and simply walk away. 

      "Sof, where are you going?" James asks. I turn around, and before exiting the room I simply reply,

      "Wassalia ends tomorrow, Amber. We have all of the world to search. You need to accept it, you are becoming queen tomorrow. Stop bickering with James like you two are children. We may be young, but we're old too. Old enough to rule. That's what's happening, you can't stop it..." I close the doors and simply leave. I hear Amber sob, and almost go back in. Almost.

I don't. 

-

       I walk to the rink; it's cold outside. Usually, the people in Enchancia celebrate Wassalia, but for the first time ever, our nation can only worry. I slip my skates on. The rink looks like it's watered down. I don't really care enough to bother checking. 

      First mistake. 

      I start to glide on the ice, warming up my legs. That's when I hear a crack. I look down, to see my legs on two different pieces of ice. Watered down alright, the rink was melting! I frantically look around, hoping to see someone, but the area was empty... The ice breaks, and I fall into the freezing water, scratching my face against a giant block of ice. I feel my face flush, and I know I have a cut that most likely would stay for quite some time. I try to swim to the top, ignoring the freezing cold water that washes over me, but I can't. I feel heavy, as if I am being pulled to the bottom. 

      Like I'm drowning

      I rub my amulet, turning into a mermaid. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The freezing cold water suddenly becomes warm, and my legs transform into a long tail. I swim around, taking in the surroundings. I finally emerge out of the water onto a snowy hill, to see the lake completely melted, and the sun slowly going down. I rub my amulet again, turning my tail into a pair of legs. I look back at the water, when I notice blood dripping down my cheek onto the white snow. There is so much of it, leaking onto the floor. I could've sworn I heard father's voice before I passed out. It said something around the lines of 'they need you.' That didn't stop me from passing out.

-

      "Please. Please, Sof, I am begging. We need you; Amber needs you, and James needs you. I need you. You have to wake up. A father and a sister is too much for a queen to lose. I can't lose you. We can't lose you Sofia, we just can't." I open my eyes, to see Hugo holding my hand, a tear running down his face. I look around. 

      "Hugo?" I ask. He touches my face, outlining it with his finger. He nods, and I lie back down on my bed, breathing in deep breaths. 

      "I just saw you there, laying on the ice. It was freezing under your touch, you were freezing. I saw your blood, slowly leaking onto the snow, absorbing into the white. It scared me Sofia. Seeing you hurt, when I should have been protecting you, cherishing you, but I wasn't, and now, it's too late." 

       "Wait what? What do you mean by too late?" I ask, bewildered. 

       "Hugo," I hear a lovely voice echo. Too lovely. 

       "Ahh, Clio," he responds awkwardly. 

      "Hugo, what's going on?" I ask. 

      "Only a few more days until the betrothal is complete, and we are married!" Clio chirps. I gasp, mortified, jumping out of the bed. 

      "Betrothed?" I exclaim.

A/N ALRIGHT KIDDOS, end of Chapter One! Huge shoutout to @ponyliciousTvPotatoe for motivating me to post this! Omg her stories are LEGENDARY (I said their before cuz IDK the gender lol it's 2018 be open-minded) even though there are like thousands that were posted. ANYWAYS, ILYSM for supporting me!

Revamped 12/27 (I'm leaving the author's notes to show just how much I've grown over the year ^_^)