Chapter Fourteen: Later

*Three Months Later*

Amber

      "Sister," James contends. "I turn around, smoothening my dress.

      "Yes?" I ask.

      "Sofia is in labor," he states, lacking excitement.

      "Now?" I exclaim. He nods.

---

       Later on, a new addition to the royal family of Enchancia will be added. Princess Elise of Enchancia. However, the soon to be moment of peace does not last for long, as a curse is plaguing the lands.

      Sweeping through each kingdom one by one, the monarchs fall--and only few rise to the occasion.

---

Sofia

       "Nurse," I ask, motioning towards the glass of water. She nods, bringing it to me.

      "Any time now," she states, wiping the sweat off of my forehead with a cloth.

      "Sofia!" Amber exclaims, barging into the room

      "Oh thank goodness," I cry out. After hours of intensive pain, I just want this experience to be over. She smiles, sitting down on the bed with me. I place my hand in hers and we smile. For a moment, everything seems to be okay.

      That was until it was time.

      I let out a loud scream, knowing that soon I will be able to meet my baby.

*Later*

      "Oh she's beautiful, Sofia!" Amber exclaims. I smile proudly, soon bursting into tears. Amber gives me a guilty look, placing Elise in the crib. "What's wrong?" she asks with a concerned tone.

     "It's Hugo..." I trail on. She frowns.

     "I know that James forbid him to be here, but I'm sure he'll come for her," Amber reassures, motioning towards the crib. I nod weakly. "You should rest for now," she suggests. I refuse at first, but even while resisting the allure of rest, I fall into a deep slumber.

Amber

     How does Sofia not know? Hugo has been unheard of since his departure... James clearly must have done something.

     I walk to the throne room. James sits on the throne, talking to a scribe. I stand with my arms crossed. They notice me, and the scribe bows, picking up his materials. Once the scribe leaves, I face James.

     "Brother," I state, letting the words roll out of my tongue bitterly. James pauses for a second before responding.

     "Yes, Amber?" he asks. We stand in silence, before he asks, "what is wrong?"

     "You know what is wrong," I state neutrally.

     "I have no idea," he says plainly, shrugging his shoulders. I am infuriated by his false pretense.

      "What did you do to Hugo?" I accuse. James snickers, rolling his eyes.

      "What needed to be done," he states coldly. I am taken aback by his response. How could my brother have turned into such an awful king? I take in a deep breath.

      "He is the father of Sofia's daughter, tell me what you did is reversible..." I trail on worriedly.

      "Afraid not, sister," James smirks. I growl.

      "That is enough. You are to spar me for the throne!" I exclaim. He pauses to think for a second.

      "Deal," he shrugs.

And with that I ready myself for the most brutal blow of all... Overthrowing my brother.