Chapter Nine: Back to Hell We Go

Sofia's P.O.V.

      "Majesty, wake up! You've got not much time left, they will find you soon!" I wake up in a daze, to those same amber eyes with tanned skin. It's upon further inspection that I realize, these are the eyes of a girl, perhaps near my age.

      "Who?" 

      "The palace guards!"

      "What do you mean?!" I ask, jolting out of the cot she laid me down on. All of a sudden, there's a sharp knock on the door, and a loud voice boomed its commands, 

      "Open up, by order of King James, we are to inspect your cottage and find any royals within it. Open up by the name of the king!" The guards shouted. She looked at me with anxious eyes, and then steered me towards a cupboard. She opened it and threw me in. Upon further inspection, I realized it was a door, to a basement. I made my way down with the common folk clothes I wore from presumably her, to a room with little trinkets and potions. Witchcraft items

      I heard her footsteps as she came down the stairs, and immediately turned my eyes towards hers. 

      "We need to figure out what to do..." she says, looking at me with uneasy rest. 

      "Do what?" 

      "Get out of here."

      "What do you mean?"

      "We're stuck in between realms. Both of the dead and living. I believe you were in the cold for too long..." 

      "Wait, what's happening, why did the guards say King James?!" 

      "Because Queen-Princess Amber," she trails on, correcting herself, "Resigned her duty as Queen, gave James the crown."

      "She what?!" 

      "You have bigger issues princess, for instance, the babe you're carrying?" She asks, pointing towards my stomach. I cringe. I also almost forgot... 

      "I will take care of myself, it is getting back to the palace that is an issue." 

      "No, your amulet will do the job quite fine."

      "What do you mean?"

      "Just ask it to take you home." 

      "I'm afraid my powers do not work like tha-"

      "You're of age, correct?"

      "Why, yes, I don't see what this has to do with my amulet?" 

      "Once the bearer of the amulet is of age, new powers are unlocked. Secret ones."

      "And how do you know this?" I ask her, still looking around her workspace.

      "Because I am the guardian keeper of this amulet. My name is Solana, I've come here to wake you up, you are in freezing snow in the gardens of Enchancia's palace, and you will lose that baby if you don't wake up, now. Hugo has left the castle because of an emergency. He won't be back for some time. But you need to get up!" The lady shouts. 

      "Get up, Sofia!" I hear another voice shout as I fade into reality. Or, life really. I wake up to see Amber holding my hand. 

      "You have to get to the palace, I'm being chased down, cover for me!" 

      "Wait, what? Why?"

      "Because I'm no longer queen. And I no longer want my marriage. I want her," she says, pointing towards Hildegard. 

      "Ah, I see..." I trail on. Hildegard bows. I get up, and Amber and Hilde run. I watch them and feel an arm tap me. 

      "Princess Sofia, have you seen Princess Amber and the Queen of Freezenburg?"

      "Why yes, they ran that way," I said, pointing in the complete opposite direction of where my sister and her lover ran. 

      "Thank you, princess."

      I head inside, to feel dizzy once again. I hear Solana's voice shouting in my ears, telling me to stay awake. I don't understand why, nor how, but I do. I don't have a choice. I'm in pain, and feel like passing out. Once again, I do. 

A/N: I've been going on a rampage publishing chapters. Hope you liked this one. I've decided the story is going to be 30 ish chapters. We're 1/3 there, yay? I'll finish before May, if you're concerned (that's four months.) 

Word count: 709 words

Well, I've never written so much and gotten it published within that little time. 

Also, I might start editing this story to make it LOOK better, (and of COURSE I'll fix the grammar) so, that might be why you won't get updates for a while. 

-Linaaaa