Chapter Three: Time Is Of The Essence

Vote if you liked the chapter :)

Twenty Years Ago...

      "Roland!"

      "Yes, my darling Lorilei?" 

      "I went to Coria. She confirmed my suspicions. I'm pregnant..." 

      "You mean to tell me that I'm going to be a father?" 

      "Yes... Isn't it amazing?"

      "It's, unbelievable! I thought we couldn't-"

      "A simple cure from the coven of the forest witches, and I was able to bear children."

      "Wait, witches? You struck a deal with the witches?  Lorilei you know how dangerous that is..."

      "I had to Roland, it's expected of the royal family to have an heir... There was simply nothing else to do."

      "Which coven did you agree to work with?"

      "The Gemini Coven..."

Present Day

      "My best bet as to where your father is has to be within the castle," Baileywick trails on, walking me to the foyer. "When Queen  Lorilei was pregnant with James and Amber, she announced her news in the West Quarter of the castle, directly outside the corridor of the sleeping chambers. 

      "Also known as the hidden room! Baileywick, what on earth could have happened?"

      "Princess Sofia, this was a work of the covens. Queen Lorilei struck a deal with the Gemini Witches. In order for her to be pregnant, a sacrifice had to be made. Now, the sacrifice is going through."

       "Baileywick, that makes absolutely no sense! Why would they come nineteen years later?" 

      "You need to listen to me, to what happened to the queen," he trails on, taking me to the eastern quarter of the palace, up to the terrace.  We sit down on the outdoor table.

      "I'm listening..."

      "When Queen Lorilei was pregnant with James and Amber, as mentioned before, she made a deal with the witches. Her friend, Coria, was a witch to the Gemini Coven, a group of witches specifically known for making blood sacrifices..." The ice, father drenched in blood. "Soon, news spread of the queen being pregnant with Roland's baby, but what she didn't know was that she was carrying twins, hence the name of the Gemini Coven." Geminis?

      "There were other witches that wanted the baby. Out of the twelve astrological covens, all eleven wanted to draw power from the twins by sacrificing them. They struck a deal with Lorilei: either she would give them the children willingly, or they would kill her, and everyone in the kingdom. She, of course, disagreed due to maternal instinct, and went to Coria for help." Wait, so what could have even happened?

      "Coria was the Gemini Coven's leader. At first, the Geminis refused to hand over James and Amber because of their matriarch, and they were soon picked off to be slaughtered one by one for their disagreement to the proposal. So Coria betrayed her friend to save her family. Her people." Baileywick turns around and stands up, looking out to the garden, making sure no one else hears what he says next.

      "A few days before Queen Lorilei gave birth to Amber and James, Coria had put a sleeping potion in her nighttime water, and Queen Lorilei had vanished. Kidnapped, to be precise. She was in the middle of the woods, and the royal guard would not rest until they had found their queen. It was about a week before they found the Gemini hideout in the middle of the forest. Roland was there, along with me, just in time. After Lorilei gave birth to James, Coria slit her throat, and attempted to carry the children away. But Goodwyn made it just in time to vanquish her. Amber and James survived. Lorilei died for birthing them. All part of an unfinished sacrifice." S-Sacrifice?

      "This means that Coria had a child who wanted to complete the sacrifice. A child who wanted to end what his or her evil and wicked mother had started."

      "So you're telling me that the enemy at heart is a person my age, who wants to finish something their maddened mother couldn't?"

      "I'm afraid so princess."

      "We have to tell Amber and James!" 

      "Princess Sofia, you must not utter a word of what I have just told you! Amber and James had been raised to think that their mother was taken away of natural causes, even though that wasn't the case. If they find out now, they'll be devastated! You mustn't do that to our queen."

      "But I can't lie about such a matter." 

      "We will solve the problem, but they mustn't know the cause. Not yet. You cannot let Amber and James know about their magic. They are witches who haven't accessed their magic due to lack of knowledge. They cannot learn so many years later. Time is of the essence princess."

      "It appears true indeed. Time is of the essence," I trail on. But I am going to tell my siblings. Eventually... 

A/N: I KNOW I KNOW IT'S A BIT WEIRD AND SCRAMBLED BUT, I JUST WANT TO CLEAR UP SOME THINGS SO PLEASE READ THIS:

Sofia's mother is in a magically induced coma, BY THE CHILD OF CORIA, and her father has been kidnapped by Coria's (Queen Lorilei/The mother of Amber and James' friend) son or daughter, who is trying to finish the sacrificial ritual to kill the twins off and use their magic. Yes, Amber and James are witches. They do not know this yet, however. Who do you think the evil child is? Comment below.