Shiko x BFF Reader 🖤

One of my newest characters, and she's already a favorite. SO OF COURSE I HAD TO MAKE THIS TYDHTSDRDYRFGJYGIYHLJHUKHUA (Note after I finished the oneshot: Took me 3 and a half month of procrastination to finish this, Shiko was made back in early June hgnnnn.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SHIKO X BEST FRIEND READER // THE ONE THAT BRINGS DEATH

Shiko... she's the closest friend you have, and you are hers too. But... you two barely meet in person. You could barely remember the last time you held her so closely in your arms, because... you never could.

It all started in middle school. Otsuka Shōko, a transfer student. She seemed like a nice person, but the second she got in front of the class to introduce herself, she started tearing. You didn't understand why at the time, but you guessed she had reasons. Your classmates wasn't so fond of her however. Her first week was horrible enough to make her absent for another 7 days. When she came back, the teasing worsened.

Everyday, the bruises on her pale skin become more visible. And you could always hear her silent sobs behind your seat.

- timeskip -

It was lunchtime, and you suddenly wanted to find her this time, because you felt like something... wasn't right. You searched the hallways for the newcomer, but not a single trace of her was found. You then started checking the outside of school, then the restrooms, and that's where you found her... surrounded by a group. You could hear their conversation, saying, "Look at her... she's so... pathetic." They laughed, terribly disgusting you.

As much as it concerned you about what's happening to Shōko stuck in the middle, you couldn't just rush in, you're easily outnumbered. But still, you walked in, pretending to mind your own business. The girls walked aside just so you could get into one of the stalls, but that was enough for you to get a glimpse of Shōko... with her entire body soaking wet.

Shōko sniffled as the cold water soak in her uniform.

"Come on, stand up." You heard them say from inside the stall. "I said stand up!" The sound of something being slammed into another object, followed.

Shōko could be heard pleading for mercy. "N-no... Please... no... P-please stop...."

Shivers sent up your spine when you heard those words... You couldn't imagine what they've done to her to make her beg like this, but you were frozen in fear because you were too afraid to get involved.

Lunch time was almost over, and so you heard them leave the restroom. You quickly unlocked the stall door and rushed out, but Shōko was already laying on the quarts floor completely unconscious. It started giving you a panic attack, causing you to scream for help, even though everyone else was already in their classrooms. Your mind started blurring up until you passed out yourself.

- timeskip -

You slowly regained consciousness as your eyesight cleared up. "Y/N?" A girl called out, it was one of your classmates. "Y/N, what are you doing on the restroom floor? Everyone was looking for you." You stared at your classmate with blankness.

Then it hit you... "Yuri! Where's Shōko?!"

"Shōko? She was with us in class."

"Huh...?"

"What happened?"

"N-Nothing..." You brushed it off, and got up.