My R

(BASED ON THE SONG)

Today is the day. I'm gonna do it.

I open the door to the rooftop to see someone else there. Man, I thought for sure there would be no one here. She had two braids in her hair and stood on the other side of the safety bars. I was so sure that I was going to do it today so I took off my shoes before hand.
Before I realized what her intent was, I yelled.

"Don't do it!!"

Surprised, she looked at me from over her shoulder. Why did I say that? I wouldn't care either way. Actually, I got pissed. How dare she get up here before me?!
"I'm sure you've heard it all before...I-I just wanted him to like me back...I thought he was the one..." tears slipped from her eyes as she told me her reason to jump. "Seriously!? Your gonna jump for because of that!? Are you really gonna jump because you didn't get what you wanted? Your lucky that the one who your were in love with wasn't stolen from you." I stated bitterly as I walked up to the bars next to her. "Well, I feel better now that I spoke to someone about it. Thanks!"
She face me with a happy smile and walked off the edge of the building with outstretched arms and disappeared.
I let out a huff and walked away from the edge and back down the stairs. I guess today just wasn't the day.

-(Time Skip: Next Day)-

I got up to the roof and started taking off my shoes. "Alright! Today's the day." I said to myself. As I made my way towards the bars, I see a short girl resting against the bars from the outside. "Hey! Don't do it!" I called out to her as I was coming closer. "Why? Because Whenever I'm at school, I get picked on. Like, they steal my money, they hurt me, and put flowers on my desk with not under it saying 'just die already so these flowers can stay'. It's frustrating and it hurts." Tears now cascade down her face.
I couldn't help but get agitated. "Your reason is so lame. The nerve you have to end it all just cuz of that is rediculous. At least you have people who love you at home and there is food on your table to eat when you're hungry."
The short girl stood up and looked below her while shedding a tear. "I am hungry."
With that she closed her eyes and jumped off the building and disappeared.

Whatever, tomorrow.

For a whole week, I saw many people on the ledge. I listened to their problems and watched them jump and disappear once again. I did this for a whole entire week. But no one did this for me. Until, this last girl, too,  had the same problems as I did.

She wore a yellow cardigan and told me her problems. "I want to stop the bruises that come to me when I get home. I want to stop the cuts that make their way to my wrists whenever I enter the bathroom. That's why I came up here."
Once again, the words slip from my mouth. "Hey, don't do it." She and I knew that I could not stop her. Before I realized it I had started crying. I had no right to stop her. "Please, just go away! It's too painful to even look at you!" I yelled at her as I crouched down to my knees, praying for the tears to stop. She looked at me with empty eyes as I tried to stop the tears. She let out a sigh.

"Oh well."

And then she disappeared.

-(Time Skip: The Next Day)-

Today, there was no one on the roof top. It's was just me, myself, and I. No one can interfere.

I took off my yellow cardigan,

Let my braids come free,

stood on the edge as short as could be,

And jumped.

(AHHH THIS TURNED OUT SO BAD!!!)