Another dream

"When the night would come, ink filled the skies"

     It was New Years Eve and there was 5 minutes till New Year's Day. My family  and I sat outside on the drive way, enjoying the cool Air, taking in the last minutes of the past years. Replaying our best memories and worst. New poeple that we met and couldn't live without. We looked into the sky enjoying each others company. Cousins played old childhood games and recited old inside jokes we made at the age of 7.
    I sat with my cousins as we reminded ourselves of the good old days at our grandparents' house, making voice memos on our DSI's. My cousins and I laughted as we reinacted our high, children voices. We sung songs that we used to run around the house, yelling the lyrics with our hearts and soul.
     Our parents sat against the garage door and talked amongst themselves, remembering the days when they didn't have kids yet. They shed tears for us as their children were growing up so fast.

     Then 12:00 am came.

    The sky was still bright as day but soon, the sky was filled with droplets of ink. Drop by drop, dark purple ink would fill the sky and devoure the bright blue. The ink spread like it was dropped in a tub of water, it released a cloud of color and mixed in to make an even hue.
    My family and I stood up in excitement as this happened. Cameras were being pulled from pockets and we all know that one aunt that was live on Instagram. We all yelled with joy and awe at the canvas that was being painted bofore us.
    When the sky was now an even night sky purple color, we decided to go back into the house to be embraced with the warmth.

But there was a rumble

The ground shook and...so did the sky?

    The world around me glitched, so it seemed. My family looked at me in curiosity. They asked "What's wrong? You stopped all of a sudden." They didn't see it. They didn't see the green lines trailing from the edges of their skin. They didn't see the blocks of black with pink outlines.
    I stepped back and took a look at my house. It somehow looked...older? What? Then I felt a tightness around the front of my head to the back of it. There was a heavy weight in my face and it seemed as if it was strapped onto my face with elastic ropes.
    I decided to take it off. I couldn't see it but I could feel it's weight. I closed my eyes and took it off. My skin was released from the pressure and the weight was no longer on my face, but in my hands.
    When I opened my eyes...my home wasn't what it looked like at all...in fact...my home wasn't even there.
    I stood in the middle of a darkly lit room. It had no furniture or anything. The marble floors were dusty and the only thing that gave light was a light on the side of the weight that was strapped to my head.

           OCULUS RIFT (VR)

End.

(I cried when I woke up)