(Love Live) Umi x Bullied!Maki!

(Maki's POV)

     Laughs filled the classroom as I walked in. My desk was covered in threats and comments. Already knowing the routine, I went straight to the cleaning shelf and grabbed a wipe and some desk cleaner. 'Showing any expression only gives them what they want.' So I continued without batting a eye or letting any of my tears flow. It was stressful.
     I'm that person that all people ignore, and if I'm not ignored, attention is out on me by bullying. I don't understand why, but when the bullying gets like this, there's no reason to know. 
    That was what I thought until today. We got a transfer student this year. She was mean. She was a bully without a care in the world. This was the first time it had actually gotten physical.
    She would shove me into the wall and pull at my hair. She kicked my shins to watch me drop to my knees and stepped on my head. Her heal would dig into my temple and I would only let out a grunt. It hurt. I thought I could handle it. But that leads to another problem. My girlfriend.
    Don't get me wrong, I love her. It's just about how I can go one without her worrying about me. There are bruises and tear stains. I would need excuses to pass her.
    "Ah! Ma-ki-chan~!" Speak of the fallen angel Yohane. Umi draped her arms around my shoulders and laid her chin on my head. I sat upright from my desk and tilted my head back. "Umi, we can't do these kind of things at school, remember? People will find out..." I actaully didn't care if people knew about me and Umi's relationship, it's just that one girl that scares-....that um...intimidates me. A look of hurt flashes across her eyes and she smiled again. She backs away and stands near my desk.
     "So, want to eat lunch together?" Umi asks, holding up her bento. I give a quick nod and took out mine.

-(Time Skip: After School)-

     "Maki-Chan! Do you want to get ice cream on the way home?" Umi asks as we put on our outside shoes. My locker was filled with little threat notes but I never read them or take them out. "Sure."
     On our way home, I distanced myself from Umi a bit. I didn't think it was noticeable. "Hey! Why are you so far away? Come closer!" Umi grabbed my arm a bit more roughly that I would have liked and hugged it tightly, squishing her chest area against me. My thoughts were not on her chest but rather the pain that has shot up through my rib that her arms were pushing against. "A-" I grimace and let out a painful and shocked yelp. Umi looked at me, scanning my face. "Oh, we're here. What flavor do you want?" I diverted her attention from me to the ice cream place and gently got her to release my arm.
     That face again. The face of hurt. 'I'm sorry Umi, you're already burdened by other things, I don't want to be another.'

    "Do you not like me anymore?" I heard a hesitant question be brought up. "Of course I do!" I reply back, turning back around to face Umi. "Then why won't you do anymore couple things with me?" Umi now looked about to cry. "Did I do something wrong? You even flinched when I hugged you..." her gaze was then brought to the ground. "It-it's not you..." I twirled a piece of hair between my fingers. "Then who?! What is going on? Is someone stopping you from showing that you like me?" Umi was now closer. She took my hands into her's and leaned close to me. "I love you, okay. I just need you to know that because you can tell me anything." I only nodded in response. I felt warm again. My pain was gone. She looked down to my lips and back up as if she were asking permission. I start leaning in myself. Then, I see a familiar figure standing far away behind Umi. One that I know very well. My breath hitches and I flinched away from Umi. "W-wait...um..." I looked between the pained face of Umi to the brutal bully behind her. I know her target was me. No one would dare touch Umi. "I-...I have to go. I'm so sorry!" I turned around, sprinting home. I know Umi would have gotten the wrong  idea. Hence, the reason my I was crying and running back to a safe place without Umi.

-(Time Skip: Next Morning)-

    I barely got sleep last night. I was worried about how I was going to explain myself to Umi. 'She's going to break up with me. She probably thinks that I'm scared of her or that I don't like her.'
    Before I could step foot into the building, I was yanked by my elbow to the side of the school. I was then slammed against the school wall with an arm trapping me in my place. "So, little miss red head has a girlfriend. What a surprise." She spoke with venom. "Let me go." I stated with as much authority as I could. "Oh that's right. I haven't taught you that I don't take orders from anyone. Well, here's your lesson!" She took the side of her hand and quickly hit it against my throat, making me caugh. I couldn't breathe for a solid ten seconds as I held my throat. Without waiting for me to recover, she grabbed my wrists and yanked me down to the floor. My head hit the ground with a thump and I could hear ringing. I now held my head between my arms with my eyes screwed shut. I then felt a kick at my ribs that were already bruised. "Stop!" I pleaded. She held both my wrists in one hand and sat on my stomach as she punched me in the face, right where my eyes was. "Please- gah! S-stop!" She punched me once again on my mouth, making me bite my tongue. "Ah-!" She let go of my wrists and I took that as a opening to hit her with all my might. I flailed my arms and legs with all the strength in me. She grabbed my hair with both her hands and pulled hard.

     "WHAT THE FUCK!?"

The only voice that could heal my soul.

    "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?"

I opened my eyes and saw Umi. The weight on my stomach was off and Umi stomped towards her. With one rage filled punch right on the jaw, Umi knocked her out. Without missing a beat, Umi made her way to me as I was coughing with the occasional trickle of blood from my bitten tongue. "What happened?!" Umi kneeled down to me and picked me up with me in her back . "I got beat up." Umi started walking as fast as she could into the building as whispers were heard throughout the hallways.
    Before I knew it, we were in the infirmary and I was done getting patched up. "Why didn't you tell me this was going on?" Umi walked in with a whole stack of ripped off pieces of notebook paper, which I assume came from my shoe locker. "How did you find out? I mean...I don't really care if you did find out." I clarified. "I was checking your shoe locker to check if you were at school yet but then I found all of these with your indoor shoes in there still. But that is besides the point. Why didn't you tell me you were being bullied?" She spread my legs a bit as I was sitting at the edge and she stood between there, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. I blushed and twirled a piece of hair because of how close we were. "I just didn't want to be a burden." Just as I finished that sentence, Umi leaned in and pecked my lips. An incredibly warm feeling erupted from my chest and I felt my face darken. It felt so nice. Her soft lips...her scent...I couldn't deny I wanted to do it more. So I did it once more. I tilted my head up and captured her lips in mine and bliss erupted from the bottom of my stomach. It was just so warm and nice. It was soft and gentle. Lips just molding together perfectly in unison. It was all so much.
    When we pulled away, I let my eyes stay closed for a bit and opened them once again. "I love you...."

"I love you too."

*baka*

(CRINGE.....Gosh I'm so sorry for not making any stories lately. School. Feelings. Emotions. Stuff like that gets in the way. Hope you like it!

       -Twin(M))