(RWBY) Emerald x Fem!Reader!

Love...
    It's a beautiful yet painful thing. My love? It's pain. It's painful to see the one who I love hate me. I know she's with Roman, and I know that she absolutely hates me more than having to work without Cinder. I'm her rival, she's my crush.
    I know what Emerald is like when she's with the people she likes. She's nice and kind. She is passionate about things that she really cares for. I only wish she would show that side of her to me. 
    All these thoughts in my head were disrupted, though, by Cinder's voice thundering through the arena. The Fall of Beacon was now in motion and there was nothing to stop it. Grimm filled the campus and some amount of students remained to fight for their school, me included as well as Emerald, though her goal was not to save the school.

    I sliced/shot my way through the hoard of Grimm and I went on higher ground. On my jump up, a grimm's claw managed to slice my calf from the inside of my knee to my heel, cutting my shoe. I yelled in pain as I stumbled and fell onto the roof of a shop. My aura was already depleted and I had to stay in one spot in order for myself to heal. I checked my scroll every now and then, or each time I felt in need of running. "Dust, why did I not escape when I had the chance?" I growled at myself as I continued to watch my wound heal itself. Once my aura was up to 80% , I left the roof and went bounding from roof to roof, avoiding the Grimm below.
    Suddenly, a familiar gold chain attached to a weapon flew past me. I look behind me in alert and find Emerald standing there will her hand outstretched. Suddenly, a fierce weight was thrown at my back as the chain wrapped around me and I was pulled passed Emerald and released, thrown across the building I was on. With that, my aura was at 50%. Damn having easily depleted aura.
    "Y/n, you should have have known it was a grave mistake to stay down here." Emerald stalked towards me as I was still sitting on the ground, dazed. "You could've been safe at home. But this is good," She crouched down and held an index finger under my chin to make me look up at her. "This gives me an opportunity to destroy you." She gives a devilish smile as I look at her with fearful eyes.
"Emerald, I know you're not like this with Cinder and Mercury, why are you like this now?" I stand up as quickly as I can. "You're a nice person! I see it in your eyes when Mercury bullies someone in the cafeteria! You can leave him and cinder-" A blast from Emerald's gun hits me squar in the chest, knocking me back to the ground, and my aura to 15%.
    "You don't know what I went through! Cinder was there to protect me! She saved me and I owe everything in my possession to her!"
She transformed her guns into two swords as she started walking towards me again. Even as I was being hurt, my heart still beats at its fastest when around Emerald. It's painful.
    "Emy, I know exactly what you went through!" I held my weapon on the ground and looked up. Her hand was shaking now as tears fell from her eyes. "H-how do you know that name?" She whispered softly. "In the city, 8 years ago. We both went to the park every Saturday. We used to play family, and you were the mom and I was the dad." I searched in her eyes for recalling memories. I could see she was struggling. "One day your parents and my parents were killed, trying to protect us from kidnappers." She lowered her eyes but snapped them back up to me. "My Y/n died Years ago! She died when I went out to steal and get us food!" Emerald shook and her face was red with rage. "Emy! I didn't die! Cinder took you away before you came back! YOU LEFT ME ALL ALONE!" I was now crying, tears heavy and my head kept low. "You left me without coming back, and I had to fend for myself!"
    "Liar! You aren't her! I-...I loved Y/n! If you were her, You'd love me too!" Before I could respond, an object pierced me from behind, causing me to stumble and lean on Emerald. I grabbed her my her shoulders and tried to keep myself up. "Emy..." I gasped as I felt weak. Pain shot from my back to my legs. My vision was filled with black spots.
    Emerald gasped and looked behind me. There, she saw Mercury with his hand outstretched from just impaling me with a sleek metal pole from a building that was knocked down. "Emy? Can you hear me?" Tears were no longer streaming down my face, as I had lost all hydration along with the 15% of aura I had left. "I-...I do still love you.." I spoke to her in broken gasps. Her eyes widened, taking an up close look at my face. It resembled the young face of her bestfriend who she thought died years before.
    Mercury has start talking and was probably making his way over to us. I payed no mind to him and closed my eyes and pressed my lips against Emerald's.
    It was lovely. Her lips were as soft as they were way back then when we played family. I felt weak in the knees from the kiss, or was it me lossing consciousness? I suddenly felt cold but tried to press more into Emerald, but I couldn't move. Suddenly, the sensation became distant and I couldn't move. I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't feel. I died...

(Emerald's POV)

    Y/n pressed her lips against mine and I felt like I was in th Park again. The calmness of playing family was welcoming and it reminded me of the good things that happened in my life. I finally closed my eyes and started to melt into the kiss, the welcoming warmth consuming me.
    Until my lips felt cold and she didn't kiss back. Y/n's hands no longer gripped my shoulders for dear life but began to slip. She slid to the floor and I fallowed her down beginning to panic. Right when I was finally happy. "Y/n? Hey?" I felt her hands and they were cold. "Wait no. Y/n!" I leaned down and put my ear to her chest, checking for a heart beat. Tears once again started to stream down my face. My heart sunk at the probability that Y/n would be dead. I frantically put two imfingers to Y/n's pulse on her neck and waiting 30 seconds. "No..." I whispered, becoming desperate. "Y/n! Dust! No! You can't leave me now!" I sobbed into her chest as I grabbed her shirt and clutched it in my fists. "You can't break your promise! Do you remember? You were supposed to stay together with me forever!" I lifted my head and sat upright, loud sobs coming from my mouth. I then saw what had killed Y/n.
     A was pole thrown and went  through her body, an inch sticking out of her chest. "Y/n...I freaking loved you...you had to show up and leave me again!" I beat my head against her chest as Y/n didn't react to my sobbing a sorrow.

(I am so sorry reader,  you had to go through all that.
      -T(M))