|CHAPTER 8: SOME TYPE OF LOVE|

Her smile was like a fading laughter; haunting, as if I'd loved her once in a dream. And then like a dream, she was gone, but with me still, that fading laughter.

• • •

She wasn't sure how long she had been driving, but she knew that it was no less than three hours.

She clutched the paper tightly against her heart, hoping that he hadn't let her down, that it wasn't true.

Her ring glistened in the dark night, ever so beautifully showing it's luxuriant shape and style.

Her heart hammered once she pulled up in their driveway.

The lights were off, so were the lights in their bedroom.

That was great.

That was good.

Shaking the poisonous thoughts away, her eyes trailed down to the picture again, and again, and again.

Praying to god, that it's fake.

Unlocking the front door, a gasp left her lips when she witnessed how trashed the mansion was.

Lamps knocked over.

Couch pushed over along with the table.

Glass shattered.

This could either be one of two things.

a) Tony went crazy, and threw a temper tantrum, that  destroyed their home.

Which was very unlikely.

b) Someone else was here with him, and they created the mess together.

Which was very likely.

Gulping, she found him aggressively rubbing his face, and his hair, messing it all around.

Her lips parted slightly, recognising the very shirt that he was wearing right now.

The same shirt he wore in the picture on the front page of the magazine.

She trusted him once, and she was willing to do it again as long as she saw the truth in his eyes.

Truly, this could be one misunderstanding.

Sensing her presence, his head shot up, eyes red and sad, face tired and exhausted.

She was just about to speak, but he beat her to it, and said the words that confirmed her poisonous thoughts.

"I fucked up, Vee. I fucked up. I-I..She was just. It meant nothing."

Her jaw dropped, the random magazine slipping from her hand, colliding with the marble floor with a slap.

"I swear-"

"Oh my god. No. No. Please no." She begged.

She begged for things to be different.