|CHAPTER 41: NEVER BE ALONE|

I have passed by many eyes but I only got lost in yours.

• • •

Twirling around giggling, she ignored the lustful stares from all the men around the room, and randomly wrapped her arms around a random stranger.

"What the-Evelyn?" Bruce's eye widened, watching the drunk blond laugh and giggle in his arms.

"Wow." Banner blew out some air, unable to believe that his night took a turn like that.

He was supposed to stop by this club, and pick up a supposedly sober Evelyn, Tony's orders of course.

"You're drunk." No shit, Sherlock.

"Nooo. Just had one, two, three, four, drinks. You should try some, Leon bribed the bartender, and-"

"Oka-y. We need to get you to Stark. Just stay here while I go ahead and pay for your drinks."

Being the stupid person that he is, Bruce left a drunk Evelyn unsupervised.

She, of course, wandered to the back exit, which lead her into a dark alleyway behind the club, which had a few smelly dumpsters.

She was about to wander around once more when a very slimy hand had grabbed her waist.

"Hello there, darlin'."

She assumed that it was Tony, but when her mind recollected that Tony's hand wasn't slimy, far from that actually, and that his breath didn't stink, always minty fresh, she realised that she really was in a shitty situation.

"Uh. Hi. I forgot my phone, which contains pictures of my boyfriend. I'll be right back." Her stupid response didn't save her, no, it only made things worse.

"Not so fast, sugar. Where you goin'?" He leaned even closer to her, his hands getting dangerously close to the waist band of her jeans.

"Get off me. Get the fuck off me." Adrenaline coursed through her veins, and she thanked her lucky stars that she sobered up a bit, her vision was too blurry for her liking though.

"Keep quiet, blondie. The only thing you'll be screaming tonight will be my name."

Her breathing quickened, and she refused to cower away, still yanking his hands off her body.

"I swear to god, Tony will come and barbecue your ass." She shoved him in his chest, an act which made him stumble back a few inches.

"I don't give a shit 'bout no Tony."

"Well, you should pal." The subject of their conversation appeared not a few metres away.

"Fuck off, man. Let me enjoy this."

"The only thing you'll be enjoying tonight will be the taste of my fist colliding with your face." Stark roughly, shoved him back, and away from Evelyn.

He was seeing red.

How dare he.

How fucking dare he.