|CHAPTER 19: HUMAN|

I have seen your darkest nights and brightest days and I want you to know that I will be here forever loving you in dusk.

• • •

"Are you sure about this, Evelyn?"

For once Madison Greene didn't support her friend's decision.

Madison Greene was by all means irrational, she jumped to conclusions, she took plenty of rash decisions, and yet here she was, eyeing a beautiful red dress, while thinking about her friend's stupid decision.

"I mean, I guess so." Evelyn tilted her head to the side, looking at the gorgeous Prada bag.

They were shopping together to kill some time before her 'not a date', date with Stark.

"Look, Eve, I like Tony. He's a good person, a hero, he's a man that has everything. He's the perfect man that every woman dreams to have, but you're not just any woman, Evelyn. You let him in once and he hurt you, why are you putting yourself in that very same situation now?"

Madison was desperate, she wanted Evelyn to listen to her, their relationship had its faults and they were still happy, but when you look at it from a different perspective, the cons outweigh the pros by a long shot.

She needed her friend to be sure that he was the one.

She needed her to be sure that he wouldn't hurt her again, god knows how much Evelyn had suffered for the past year.

Evelyn didn't respond.

She didn't want to answer her  because she didn't know what to say.

"Oh, god. The she-devil is here. Incoming." Evelyn groaned out, when she spotted Madison's step-mother walking towards them, past all the the other people in the shop.

"Madison, why aren't you answering your phone?" She glared daggers into her back as Madison still hadn't turned around.

"God, please let the ground swallow me whole. Please let this be a nasty dream." Madison pleaded, shaking her head quickly, refusing to acknowledge the heinous beast behind her.

"Oh, I am very real Madison."

Evelyn gave her a sympathetic smile, and let her deal with the bloody woman.

"What exactly do you want?"

If there was anything Evelyn knew about Madison's relationship with her family was that it wasn't a good one.

"Your father has been trying to reach you nonstop. When are you going to drop your stupid grudges and come visit him. You're acting like a spoiled little brat, I thought your so called mother raised you better than that."

Well, that had Evelyn boiling with anger.

Katherine Greene always did manage to make Madison feel small.

She made her feel worthless and bringing up Madi's mother was a low blow, even for her.

"Excuse me Miss Greene, but I believe that Madison has a right in deciding on whether or not she wants to mend her relationship with her father. And that decision is strictly between the both of them."