|CHAPTER 35: NEW RULES|

Don't resent love for the pain of losing it. Every moment in love is a moment not without it.

• • •

"Hey." Evelyn slowly whispered to the day dreaming billionaire.

"Hey." He replied, staring at her moving figure as she exited his elevator.

"You alright?" She sat right next to him on the couch, stealing a glance at one of his suits, abandoned in the corner of his living room.

His floor was by far the most luxuriant, and posh of all the others, and if her eyes weren't fooling her, she briefly noticed that it was styled in a very similar way to their old mansion.

"Always." He answered her, more like lied to her, but at least he managed to assure her.

"Where do we stand now, Evelyn?"

They didn't get a chance to talk about what happened last night.

His embarrassment wasn't enough to delay the conversation because despite the fact that he told her he loved her, he wasn't ashamed.

He was just very embarrassed.

"I don't know." She shrugged, inhaling sharply.

She knew this was coming.

And if she was being honest with her self, she wanted to have this talk too.

"Okay. That's reassuring," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "I won't pressure you. We'll do this at your pace, yeah?"

His suggestion shocked her, she had assumed that he would ask her to marry him again.

To pick up where they left off, but no.

And she didn't know whether if she should be relieved, of terrified at his words.

She nodded subtly, not displaying her emotions.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, indicating that it was time for her to go.

Her real estate agent must be fuming by now.

"Where you headed?"

"Apartment hunting, honey." She leaned in, and gave him a peck on the corner of his lips.

"Well you could always-"

She gave him a flat look that silenced him.

"Fine," he threw his hands up in surrender, throwing the moving in together idea out, and he raised both his eyebrows, "I won't stop asking you though."

They stopped in the main floor because according to Evelyn she wanted to say goodbye to Nat.

She was greeted with Pepper and Rhodes, to which she hugged them tightly, and joked around for a second.

She stopped in front of Steve, and gave him a quick side hug which made Tony's left eye twitch.

He watched him watch her, and he didn't know whether if he should be angry or surprised.