Riker - Comforting You

A/N: Hey Guys I wrote a little Riker imagine so you could get a taste of my writing Hope you love it!

Slam! You shut the door to the Lynches house and walked in.

"Whats wrong?" Riker asked worried. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"He broke up with me." You said sniffling. Tears started to fall from your eyes again. You could barely say the words without sniffling.

"Ohhhh." Riker said looking at you apologetically.

 "Come here." He pulled you into a hug. You set your head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around you.

"He dumped me for this…this other girl." You stuttered. Riker put his head down kissed the top of your head.

"She's probably way prettier and cuter and..." Riker cut you off.

 "Nobody is more beautiful than you." He wiped a tear from your cheek. Riker was the only one who could ever make you feel better. Something about his smile always made you feel like everything would be alright.

“Thanks” you said hugging him again.

 "What's up guys?" Rydel asked enthusiastically. You tried to wipe any remaining tears from your eyes and clear your throat.

"Umm nothing." You replied.

 "Have you been crying?" Rydel questioned.

"She's just uhh... Upset about the trial tomorrow." Riker covered for you. He knew you liked to keep this type of stuff private. It was personal.

"Oh honey it'll be okay." Rydel said. She gave you a hug. You half smiled at her and muttered a "thanks" Rydel left the room.

 "How are you feeling about tomorrow?" Riker asked.

 "I'm fine I guess." Tomorrow you were going to court to see the arrangement plan for living with your mom and your dad. They had gotten a divorce just a short while ago. You were not really nervous you would still get to see both of them. Just not together. You knew it would all be alright as long as Riker was here.

*Next Day after the Trial*

"What happened at the trial?" Riker asked. You just shook your head. "Could you please tell me what's wrong?" Riker said. You had gone to his place after the trial and you were watching a movie on the couch. You felt tears welling up in your eyes until you just couldn't hold it in anymore. You let out a giant sob.

"He doesn't want me!"

"What?"

 "My dad, he doesn't want me. He gave total custody to my mom. They were just going to work out an agreement but he just gave me up, signed me off like a piece of paper."

"I'm sure he still loves you." Riker replied.

"How can you say he loves me when he just gave up on me? He didn't even fight. There was no trial. He signed me off. He doesn't want me."

"I'm sure it seems like that but..." You cut him off.

"Sometimes I feel like unwanted, nobody in this world loves me." You said tears streaming down your face."

"I love you" Riker said you looking straight in the face. When he said that it made your heart flutter, your stomach dropped and your whole body tensed. He loved you?

"Really?" You muttered. He shook his head.

“Of course I do, and someday I promise you will find a guy that's special and loves you just as much as I do.”

"Oh" you mumbled under your breath as you realized he loved you like a friend, and nothing more. For the first time when he said "I love you" you realized that you loved him too. But not as a friend.

"You staying over tonight?" Riker asked.

 "Sure" you replied.

*1am that night*

"You still up?" Rydel asked walking down the stairs.

 "Umm... Couldn't sleep really." You and Riker had fell asleep downstairs on the couch watching a movie. You couldn't stop thinking about him, about how he told you he loved you. You were simply in love with him. He was the one person in the whole world who understood you, who made you feel special. The only problem was you weren't sure if he was ever going to feel the same way. Rydel got some water from the fridge and walked back upstairs.

"Night girly" Rydel muttered walking up the stairs. Riker rolled over and opened his eyes.

"Hey" he said with a smile.

 "I couldn't sleep." You said faintly.

 "Something on your mind?" He sat up next to you.

 "Umm... Sort of" you stuttered.

"What's up?"

 "I...uhhh" you had no idea what to say, you couldn't just blurt out "hey Riker you know how you said I love well I love you too!" You wished you could just tell him everything you felt earlier.

"What did you mean earlier when you said I love you?" The words barley slipped from your mouth. Then something totally bazaar and amazing happened. Riker turned to you and kissed your lips. At that moment everything felt right in the world. There was nothing wrong, you forget all about your father and the divorce. All your problems had disappeared and the only two people on earth were you and Riker. When he kissed you all you could feel were sparks. He was the most amazing kisser and every second made your heart beat faster. When he pulled away he laid he forehead on yours.

"I love you." He whispered you smiled and your cheeks got burning red.

 "I love you too."