Chapter 22

**HAYES POV**

"Yeah mom I'm okay"

"Oh lord right when I heard the bad news my heart dropped" she continues babying me. I let go of her.

"Mia, are you alright?" she nods. I walk back to my mom.

"Mom, we have to talk.. in private" I walk away from Mia. "Mom, Mia and her mom have no where to live. Can she live with us?" she hesitates then looks confused. Now I'm confused, what happened? "Mi-Mia Rose?" I nod. The face expression changed to a more disciplined look. "No she cannot, let's go" what? "Mom? Why can't she?" "I have my reasons Hayes, now let's leave" I take a step back and look at her in disbelief and shake my head. "Mom, she has no where to go, no money, nothing. And you can't offer her a home? Do you not have a heart?" "Hayes, do not push your limits" "No mom, what has she done to you that you're treating her like this?" "Hayes" "No mom, I can't believe you right now. What a shame that I have to call you a mother who doesn't have a heart" "If you worry about her so much, pack your things and all of you leave and find a place to live" she leaves. I watch her leave, I'm angry now. I walk back and forth trying to calm myself down but it isn't working. I don't know what to do now.

**MIA'S POV**

I cannot believe what I just heard. Hayes being kicked out of his house because of me. I have never done wrong to his mother, why does she hate me?

"Hayes?" I say softly. He keeps on pacing around the building. I get up and slowly walk to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and he stops.

"Hayes? Are you okay?" he sighs.

"Mia, I'm sorry" I'm confused.

"For what?" he turns to me.

"I don't know why she hates you, you've done nothing wrong and there is no absolute reason to hate someone like you. You have a sweet heart, sassy attitude, I can keep on going but I'll be wasting my time to explain. I love you with all my heart and I know we will get through this" he places a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too"

"I'm gonna go home and pack my things and I'll come back"

"Can I come?"

"I don't want another big problem" I nod.

**Haye's POV**

I walk home and knock on the door waiting. The door opens to Skylynn  in tears.

"Hey what happened? Why're you crying? Did someone hurt you?"

"Hayes, where are you going?" my heart broke. "Mommy said that you're leaving us, Hayes where are you going? Can I come with you? Please Hayes?" she begins to cry. I hug her.

"No Skylynn you can't come with me, I don't have a place yet, I'll come back and visit then take you out for Ice Cream, then the park alright? I won't be gone for too long" I try letting go but she's latched onto my shirt, now I can't stop crying. "Skylynn I have to go" "NO HAYES NOOO" I let her go and look to my left to see all my bags are sitting there waiting for me to take them on an adventure. I grab them and walk out. I turn back to Skylynn and give her a hug, "I won't be gone too long, I'll come back" I kiss her and walk back to the police station.' What am I gonna do now?' I told myself.

**Mia's POV**

'what are we gonna do now?' I thought. Now I'm pacing around the building now up to my breaking point. I walk over to my mom and cry.

"Mom, where do we go?" she rubs my back to stop me from crying but I can't help it. "Don't worry honey, there will be a solution." A man walks into the police station and he probably is a lawyer. He looks around and looks at us then his eyes brighten up. He walks towards us and is making me kind of scared.

"Hello my name is Robert Davis, are you Mrs. Rose?" she nods her head. "Perfect, I'm sorry for what happened and it is such a tragic moment but I am from the Real Estate Department and we have decided to give you a home where you can stay until you have enough money to pay bills and taxes, but for now our department will be keeping you and your family safe from any harm possible. I have seen many death threats towards your daughter and her life might be in danger of these strangers, so we allowed you to have our best bodyguards to keep anyone away from you two" my mom is in shock. "How do I know you aren't just a scammer?" "I will give you my business card and just call this number if you need anything and I mean anything. A car, tv, phone, anything but you will need to find a job to pay all of your taxes and bills" my mom is in utter shock. "Oh my god, thank you so much I appreciate it" she gives him a hug. "Well I best be going now, goodbye. Oh I haven't given the address to your home" he gives us the address written on paper. "I've called an Uber for you and have paid him, so goodnight" "Mom, we have to wait for Hayes" "Okay" I ran outside to tell the Uber driver to wait for 5 min then wait for  Hayes. It's cold. I look around and give up, he's taking forever.

"I'll just go back inside" I turn around and accidentally bump into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry" I look up to a dark figure I can't really make up his face. They lift something up to my stomach and places it on my belly button. It's a gun.

"Have fun" I pushed him before he could fire the gun and run inside screaming.

"MOM! THERE'S SOMEONE OUTSIDE THAT WAS GONNA SHOOT ME" the officers run outside and come back in with a gun. He fled the scene. I'm shaking I'm scared. Where's Hayes? I look up to see a sad Hayes.

"HAYES!" I hug him. "Are you okay?" I ask him so many questions.

"I'm good, what happened?" I tell him what happens and he cradles me in his arms the way I feel safe and comforted.

"Someone came up to me while I was waiting outside for you and had a gun up to my stomach, he was gonna shoot me Hayes" I cry. He cradles me in his arms and then my mom came up to us.

"Let's go home"

"Home? It's down to the ground"

"A guy came and gave us his card with an address on it"

"So you're going to believe a random dude that gives you an address and you don't know how the house looks"

"Mom he's right, the guy who came and almost killed me after and the uber driver saw it and didn't budge, he watched me almost being shot and didn't flinch. We shouldn't go."

**************************************************************

Sorry it took forever, I'm a senior now !!! yay but I'll try and keep on updating you guys.