02 | prank; dorbyn

Couple 2
Ship: Dorbyn (Daniel and Corbyn)
Warnings: None
Song: None
Writer: Nevaeh

Prank

It was right after a performance that the Why Don't We boys decided to just chill backstage. After all, they did have to wait for their ride back to the hotel. Daniel had seen his loyal boyfriend of a year just sitting on a cushioned couch, scrolling through his phone. He obviously looked bored, making right now the perfect moment. Daniel has had a plan of doing a little prank on him ever since he seen it on YouTube. So quickly going over to Zach, he pulled the smaller brunette so they were out of sight. Of course the youngest whined in protest, as he was actually doing something before.

That something consisting of winning gold fish against Jonah and Jack. Now he thinks the others peeked at his cards.

"I wanna do a prank on Corbyn" Daniel smiled wickedly. Zach's expression dropped. He was stopped from a game to participate in one of Daniel's boring shenanigans.

"Sorry to break it to you Dani, but your pranks aren't that good" Daniel frowned himself. "Like the song lyric prank, or the one where you were saying that you broke your hand. Oh, and don't get me started on the spider one" Zach rambled. Daniel huffed in defeat.

Okay, so he wasn't the best at doing crazy things. But at least he tries.

"Zach! We can't wait forever! We're about to skip your turn!" Jack shouted out. The brunette perked and eyed Daniel.

"Come on, Dani! It's my turn. And if I'm skipped I might never get that king of spades!" Zach whined. Daniel rolled his eyes.

"Screw the game! Listen, all you gotta do is record me. The prank is me breaking up with Corbyn" Daniel smiled. Zach rolled his eyes, letting out a sigh.

"Fine. But you owe me" the younger stated.

"Deal".

~•~

Daniel walked until he sat right next to Corbyn. The blonde just looked at the other and placed a small kiss on Daniel's cheek. Heat and the color red, rose on the brunette's face. This was going to be a lot harder than he thought. But taking a deep breath, Daniel looked over at Zach, who was holding his phone up as if he was using it for other purposes. He nodded, to show that he was indeed recording. Daniel looked back at Corbyn, taking in a deep breath.

"Corbyn" Daniel stated catching his attention. The blonde looked from his phone to smile at his boyfriend. "Can we talk?" Corbyn's smiles drop just a little, but he doesn't worry. He sits up properly and looks at his boyfriend.

"Yeah. Of course. What's wrong?" Corbyn asks.

Daniel looked away at Zach once again, who smiled in accomplishment. He didn't believe the other would make it this far before Corbyn understood it was a prank. Daniel nodded, looking back at the fake blonde. He took a deep breath in, making sure he didn't give anything away.

"I'm...I'm breaking up with you" Daniel says while releasing that breath. Corbyn moved back in shock and a little hurt. He stood to his feet, removing his sight from the brunette.

"Is there a reason why?" Corbyn whispered out. Not actually thinking the whole thing out, Daniel's mind went blank on how to answer.

"Uh...I, um...no?" Daniel finally managed out. But it came out more as a question. Shaking his head, Corbyn began to walk way. Daniel looked back at Zach in shock while the younger also seemed surprised. So standing up himself, Daniel went to reach out for the upset blonde.

"Bean..." He dragged.

"No, no. I wanna be alone right now" Corbyn moved away from Daniel, beginning his journey out the door. Daniel and Zach almost instantly began running after him. Of course still filming the scene.

The two boys managed to see Corbyn sitting outside the men's bathroom. Tears were obviously falling down his face, as he just foundled with the hem of his shirt. Daniel pouted at the sight, instantly regretting what he had done. He told Zach to stay back as he went to go talk to the sulking teen. He sat next to him, making Corbyn tense just the tiniest.

"The bathroom was locked" he sniffed.

"Corbyn. What I said back there is-" he was cut short from the other's phone going off.

"Our ride's here" he got up, no emotion shown. Daniel quickly stood to his feet, stopping the fake blonde from getting any farther.

"Corbyn! This was all a prank!" Daniel shouted, while grabbing the other's hands. Corbyn looked at Daniel wide eyed and completely speechless. So...he didn't lose the best thing that has ever happened to him? "It was all a prank. I'm not breaking up with you. I just wanted to see how you would react...which clearly wasn't good".

Corbyn whiped an extra tear from his face and brought Daniel in for a tight hug.

"That was the worst five minutes of my life" they broke apart, Corbyn punching Daniel in the arm. "Never do that again".

Daniel rolled his eyes, bringing his lover in for a kiss. But breaking them apart was the youngest member.

"Okay, yah! Y'all made up. Now can we go! Jonah and Jack promised me ice cream" the older two rolled their eyes before agreeing to go.

"Hey, did you stop recording?" Daniel wondered as they entered the van.

"Right, about that...my phone died mid video so, it stopped when Corbyn ran out" Zach answered.

"Zachary!" .

~•~

I don't know if this was cute or not. You can decide.

-Nevaeh