25|brother

doodle ooooooo daddle waddle

*insert intro here*

(it's a song fic)

-

When we were young we were the ones
The kings and queens oh yeah, we ruled the world

Five pairs of hands linked together, tremors resonating through all of their bones. In front of the teenage boys, a crowd of thousands of fans cheered and screamed.

For them. For what they had accomplished.

Blue met blue. Brown met brown. The boys of Why Don't We were floating, a cloud being lifted by the love of their fans and the adrenaline of the performance keeping them up.

"I'm Zach."
"I'm Jack."
"I'm Daniel."
"I'm Corbyn."
"And I'm Jonah."

"And we're Why Don't We!"

We smoked cigarettes man no regrets
Wish I could relive every single word

God, all it took was a single glance to send the five of them into hysterics. How often was it that you'd find four other boys, all with the same dream as you, and fulfill it together?

"I still can't believe you let that fan get away with that!" Jonah huffed out between laughs.

"She was twice the size of me!" Zach said. Smoke met the filly night air, but the cold couldn't surpass the warmth that the boys sent each other.

We've taken different paths
And travelled different roads

"Three...two...one..."

Corbyn's breaths grew shorter and more excited as the cheers of his co-workers and fellow astronauts reached his ears. He was off to the ISS.

"Another home run from star player Jonah Marais! This boy is going places!"

The legs that once sent him jumping across stage now carried him from base to base as hollers from a new set of fans released chills of pride through Jonah.

"How are you DC?"

Daniel's voice echoed out of the microphone, pushing his followers to yell out different responses. The stage was a bit bigger, all alone.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Jack couldn't wipe the smile off his face if he tried. Gabbie looked ethereal. Held by his mother, Lavender also looked the same. How could he have been so lucky to end up with two amazing girls in his life?

"Did you get the essay done? I can't believe how much we had to write."

Despite doubts from both himself and his family, Zach worked as hard as possible to get into a good college. His efforts payed off, for here he was, walking through the halls of Yale, discussing law with his newfound friends and professors.

I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old

"And we're Why Don't We!"

Though none of them would admit it, a familiar thrill and ache for more took over their chests as they joined each other for a small reunion concert. Their fans, more grown up now, cheered back heartily. How each boy managed to reconnect was unknown, but their group chemistry and amazing friendship came back quickly.

And when you're in the trenches
And you're under fire I will cover you

Jonah sat on the bench with his head in his hands. He had struck out once again. It seemed as though whatever lucky strike he had was gone. Though his teammates tried to smile at him, he knew they were disappointed. However, when he was dejectedly leaving the arena, a hand came down onto his shoulder.

"Don't let a few bad games bring you down you old man. I know you're going to push through this." Zach's familiar shining eyes brightened when Jonah's cheeks stretched back to show his smile.

"You're growing up too fast Zach."

If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me

Corbyn let out a silent prayer as their shuttle entered the atmosphere. This had to go right. His body suddenly felt like it was being lifted and crushed at the same time.

In no time, Corbyn was half climbing out, half being dragged out of the part of the rocket. Not trusting his legs to work yet, he sat on the soft ground of the field they landed in.

"Besson? You've got a few people who want to see you."

"Welcome back to Earth, Corbs." Four pairs of arms wrapped around the weak man.

[How the fuck does space work.]

And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe

Work had dragged Jack away from his girls again. Though his five-year old daughter tried not to show it, she was still clearly upset that her father had to leave for another business trip-on her birthday. Just as Jack was about to sit down and let himself cry, a text came in.

Thought you might want to see this, J.

A video was attached.

Daniel's face popped up, grinning wildly before he turned the camera. A loud 'three! Two! One!' Came out of the speakers before a large crowd screamed,

"We love you Jack, Gabbie, and Lavender! Happy birthday Lavender!"

Smiling through his tears, Jack forwarded the text to Gabbie.

Thank you, Daniel.

I've got you brother-er-er-er

"It'll be okay Jack."

I've got you brother-er-er-er

"I believe in you, Jonah."

I've got you brother-er-er-er

"You've got this, Daniel."

I've got you brother-er-er-er

"You're so strong, Zach."

I've got you brother-er-er-er

"I can't believe how amazing you are, Corbyn."

Oh brother, we'll go deeper than the ink
Beneath the skin of our tattoos

"...What's this tattoo, Daddy?"

"That's one I got with the rest of the boys."

I may have a lot of tattoos, but this one will always mean the most.

Though we don't share the same blood
You're my brother and I love you that's the truth

"Guys?" Zach's voice rose up into the air.

After receiving a bunch of tired hums, Zach opened his mouth again.

"I hope we can stay like this forever."

-

Nice song

:) -Cait