06 | soulmates; jarbyn

Couple 6
Ship: Jarbyn (Jack and Corbyn)
Warnings: Mentions of murder
Song: None
Writer: Nevaeh

Soulmates

He walked throughout the city, it being around eleven fifty and the only people still roaming the streets were drunks that stayed out to party, or homeless people scrounging around in hopes of finding food or water to stay alive. But that's not what Jack was doing. He was walking the streets trying his best to clear his head. Today was the day he would find that special person. The date was marked on his skin as he's been staring at it all day. Right under his wrist were the numbers: 6.19.18. He didn't know the exact time or how he would end up finding the person everyone calls their soulmate; but he knows his anxiety and nerves were eating him alive the longer the clock ticked. It was as if it was taunting him. The second the clock hits midnight, Jack would no longer have hope. The date on his wrist would fade and he will forever be alone.

As harsh as it sounds, Jack believed it. He has never seen someone without their soulmate. And he feels like any minute he'll be that first out of billions to finally fail at what he was created for. His parents will disown him; and his sisters wouldn't dare even look in his direction anymore. He might as well start packing now and leave while he's still by himself.

Jack took out his phone, turning it on to check the time.

11:59 pm.

It was hopeless. Letting out an upset sigh, Jack simply turned on his heels and thought it was best if he just went home. Maybe cry for a good hour before beginning to pack his things and leave a farewell note to his family. It sounded like a good plan and even clouded Jack's vision a little too much as he ran right into someone. Jack landed on the ground with a groan, a large clock nearby chiming at the hour. Not even caring who he had accidentally ran into, Jack looked at the clock in disappointment.

"Dammit!" He cursed to himself. He stood to his feet, dusting off whatever dirt that had clung to his clothes from the impact. And as he pushed his curly hair from his face, Jack had finally came face to face with what had knocked him down in the first place. It was a male; his age roughly. And Jack was utterly amazed. The other was taller than him and had a much skinnier frame. His skin was pale that just seemed to glow under the moonlight. His hair was obviously dyed white from what Jack could tell and his face was sculpted quite nicely. His lips were thin but a bright red. Light freckles were sprinkled across the bridge of his nose, making Jack look at the last part of his body that seemed to captivate him.

His eyes. They were like an ocean with a tint of green, making it a whole new scenery. The two locking eyes is what took Jack's breath away.

It wasn't until the sudden sirens of police cars, breaking the undenying trance that the two teens were trapped in. Immediately the stranger that still hasn't even mumbled a "sorry" to Jack, started shaking as his eyes went wide. He looked behind him, seeing that two police cars were hot on his trail.

"Stop right there!" An officer shouted through his vehicle window. Jack just looked between the car and the stranger in shock. And it wasn't long before he was being dragged along. His wrist burned as the two made contact. And he looked down at the glowing light that came from his arm and the stranger's. Again Jack was in awe.

Both boys stopped in a darkened alley, the police driving by soon after. They weren't spotted and it made the random taller boy let out a sigh of relief.

"You" Jack choked out. The blonde looked at him smiling. "Y-You're my-" he was stopped by the other.

"Shh" he let out when suddenly hearing feet get closer.

"He has to be around here somewhere. Oh, our boss is definitely promoting us for getting this killer" a man spoke with a chuckle, along with the sound of a radio going off. Jack looked at the teen before him and his eyes widened. The blonde just frowned but kept telling him to keep quiet. And when seeing a flashlight turn down the alley, the stranger pulled Jack so they were squatting behind a large trash can. Jack could feel his heart beating straight out of his chest; and it wasn't from how the stranger was practically shielding him from whatever was going on.

Their wrist yet again began to glow clearly going to blow their cover. And it was when the police started getting closer, obviously suspicious about the sudden light, that both boys started freaking out. The two knew what needed to be done though. A simple kiss between the soul mates made the sudden burn and light from their dates stop. The two looked at each other.

"I'm sorry for this."

And without another word, the faux blonde planted a kiss against Jack's lips. Slowly but surely the light dimmed and neither one of the boys had the urge to scratch their aching arms.

The stranger is what stopped the kiss. He heard the police walk away and knew the coast was clear. He stood up from his place and began to walk the opposite direction that he knew the officers had gone. Jack was a little shocked still but nevertheless got up and went after the lean male. The two walked side by side.

"My name's Jack" the curly haired teen said gently.

"Corbyn" The blonde replies lowly.

"Why were you getting chased?" Jack asked. He was kind of scared for the answer.

"Listen. I know we're soul mates, but please...leave. I'm too dangerous for you" Corbyn speaks up along with stopping the two. Jack just looked up at him, his big hazel eyes beaming bright.

"Your problems are my problems now. Plus I like a little danger. Keeps me on my toes" the two gazed at each other. "So tell me. Why were you being chased?"

Corbyn took a deep breath, looking around to see if anyone else could hear or even see them. When he seen no one, he looked at Jack and said what was needed.

"I killed someone."

Jack was surprised but kept calm.

"Well, what's a little bit of Bonnie and Clyde action?"

-

I sort of don't like the ending, but whatever.

-Nevaeh